No more excuses= up your pay!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for the rest of you...
It takes years of training to be a pilot as well./ You're attitudes are awful about what you do- And you clearly don't know many who did not make it- or any good pilot that has died in an a/c. We are responsible for a LOT- And a lower amount of people than you think are willing to do this job at all, much less for what the average pilot ACTUALLY earns +the instability and real possibility of starting over.

BS!.....I have FO's who have taken 11 month "crash" courses (no pun intended) to get in the right seat of a 121 cockpit....Many times the captains are having to take the controls during the landing or talk the FO through a visual approach.....It is much easier to become a 121 pilot than a doctor, lawyer, or CEO....fix that and then we can talk....ALPA has yet to do anything about that....

waveflyer said:
As for the recession... it's nothing new to any of us... If 50+% paycuts and pensions stolen hasn't equalled a recession- i don't know what does. ... so now this monster created by corporate greed... That should somehow equal workers continuing to take it in the arse how?

That's all fine and dandy....but increases costs on companies now will push those companies closer to failure....Go ahead and push yours toward the cliff...You are my competition and I encourage you to go first.....

waveflyer said:
I'm worth every penny i've ever been paid in this career and a WHOLE lot more.

I'm sorry you all don't feel the same. Maybe you should do your job more professionally and work a little harder and maybe you would feel the same way.
Could you imagine any exec saying the crap you all just typed out? He!!, i've never seen the average real estate agent say anything like that.

Waveflyer.....CEOs, doctors, and lawyers don't have a union....we do....looks to me like the free market without unions is trumping our sorry a$$ union.....

Your worth what you negotiate...We are too easily replaced, have no unity, and cannot transport our seniority....No amount of ALPA chest thumping can trump those realities....Maybe it's time to try something different.....

Thanks for the lesson genius. Once you get out of the regionals you will hopefully be paid for your experience. That's how you get the job.

Sorry to disappoint I am evil management scum so I get paid rather well already. When I bankrupt your company though you can enjoy taking your vast years of experience back to the right seat and earn $21k a year because you are on the bottom of the list.

Actually you are paid for the longevity of your service. Experience and judgment are not the basis for pay under collective bargaining.

BINGO...We did it to ourselves....Experience and judgement mean NOTHING in this business and our own union contracts validate that thinking.....

What does a 15 year pilot with 15000 hours of experience get payed his first year at CAL? 30K!....Tell me again about getting paid for experience and judgement?

Sorry to disappoint I am evil management scum so I get paid rather well already. When I bankrupt your company though you can enjoy taking your vast years of experience back to the right seat and earn $21k a year because you are on the bottom of the list.

Hey everyone, Lorenzo is back! Obviously you are not management at a major airline because lower management lackeys don't get paid squat and the higher paid ones would not waste their time here. If you are management at a little bug-smasher operation as your profile indicates, then I wish you all the luck in bankrupting us...and don't spend all your Christmas bonus at Walmart! Oh, and don't forget your carburetor heat this winter!

Joe, lawyers and doctors have the most powerful unions in our country. They are known as the AMA and the ABA. You blame ALPA and I blame those who vote yes for substandard contracts. Personal responsiblity Joe.

Waveflyer.....CEOs, doctors, and lawyers don't have a union....we do....looks to me like the free market without unions is trumping our sorry a$$ union.....

Screen Actors Guild, Writers Union, all professional sports....what about them? Last I checked the writers held out and got a good contract. The SAG right now is getting ready to strike against the studios who are trying to steal services and what about the strikes in hockey and baseball in recent years? There are many other unions that are doing fine and ones that are hurting. But, you like to pick and chose to make your rather shallow argument.

Management, doctors, and lawyers aren't union...yet we are.....Why is their pay doing better than ours? Answer that...then we can continue this discussion...

What do you want ME to do about it? I have a great job with a great schedule....Answer my question above and we can continue with a discussion...or you can act like the typical union crybaby and hurl insults....your choice....

Give me a break, you're an ASA pilot! Great job and schedule? You must not be too hard to please. All regionals suck! And mainline just sucks not as much.

So what, doctors and lawyers are not union, whats your point? are you saying if we were not union, we'd be better off? How is that? Being fired at will doesn't sound too nice to me. Management would have a field day.

The job is easy- if you're proficient.

I simply think it's amazing that i'm here convincing pilots of their own worth.

Joe=- you're just not that smart. Lawyers and doctors are represented by unions and several associations... their voices are heard. Hell- dairy farmers have representation. Where their career lends itself to free markets- ours does not... look at all the non-union carriers... don't they still operate under a seniority list? Don't they still collectively bargain?

Do you Joe-- really want to compete w/ me in the free market? How quick would you be out of a job, realistically?

I think you take a lot for granted.

Latest resources

Back