Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta Airlines Will Discontinue Flights From Corpus Chrsti

Dec 8, 2007 01:31 PM EST
Corpus Christi, Texas (AP) -- Delta Air Lines on Jan. 6 will discontinue service at Corpus Christi International Airport.
Delta's regional carrier, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, flies between Corpus Christi and Atlanta.
The Atlanta-based company on Friday announced plans to reduce select flights that are not profitable as carriers face record fuel prices.
Delta's Joe Esposito says service between Corpus Christi and Atlanta is being discontinued, with the ultimate goal of optimizing the carrier's financial performance.
Corpus Christi also is served by Continental Express, American Eagle and Southwest Airlines.
A call Friday night to the administrative offices of Corpus Christi International Airport was not immediately returned.
Copywrite 2007, Associated Press

As of Jan 8th 2008 no more CRP, MFE, & TUP:

Could this be a sign of DL getting rid of some of ASA's CR2's? These are all ASA flights from ATL and DL just announcing a reduction of 35 RJ's.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3739615/

Don'cha gust feel the glee in that post? Why do the Delta pilots hate the ASA pilot so much that they take pleasure in our misfortune? This phenomenon is especially disturbing when it comes from the ones who used to work at ASA.

Check Travelnet after Dec 15th. The guy got this info from Deltanet which is supposed to be for internal use only. There are bulletins they put out every week or so and then load the schedule changes in the system a few days later. This bulletin gets loaded Dec 15 and it includes a whole lot of LAX and SLC reductions too.

DL enters and leaves markets all the time. We are gone out of ISO, APF, ORH, MTH (I think), have returned to SWF after leaving it for years, etc.
But now we have high class destinations like EWN, FSM and soon Lawton OK.

I wouldn't be surprised if Delta is doing it to shake these cities down for a subsidy.

They said they would close Macon, GA as of Oct 1, and low and behold, the city/state of GA coughed up a subsidy. Then service continued. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a repeat act.

Don'cha gust feel the glee in that post? Why do the Delta pilots hate the ASA pilot so much that they take pleasure in our misfortune? This phenomenon is especially disturbing when it comes from the ones who used to work at ASA.
John,
First off you don't know me and I don't know you. I was not trying to be happy or excited about this, I made no mention of this. I saw this posted elsewhere and was simply letting people here aware of it. Also I'm not at DL although trying! I am indeed at ASA and unlike most here actually enjoy it. I wish nothing but the best for everyone here at ASA and a reduction in planes, and/or routes hurt me also. Please don't make assumptions or read into things without knowing the person you are slamming. See ya in the lounge.

John,
First off you don't know me and I don't know you. I was not trying to be happy or excited about this, I made no mention of this. I saw this posted elsewhere and was simply letting people here aware of it. Also I'm not at DL although trying! I am indeed at ASA and unlike most here actually enjoy it. I wish nothing but the best for everyone here at ASA and a reduction in planes, and/or routes hurt me also. Please don't make assumptions or read into things without knowing the person you are slamming. See ya in the lounge.

General Lee is obviously getting to John, and he is showing weakness. Talk about paranoid.

Lax reductions?

Check Travelnet after Dec 15th. The guy got this info from Deltanet which is supposed to be for internal use only. There are bulletins they put out every week or so and then load the schedule changes in the system a few days later. This bulletin gets loaded Dec 15 and it includes a whole lot of LAX and SLC reductions too.

DL enters and leaves markets all the time. We are gone out of ISO, APF, ORH, MTH (I think), have returned to SWF after leaving it for years, etc.
But now we have high class destinations like EWN, FSM and soon Lawton OK.

What were the reductions out of LAX?

What were the reductions out of LAX?

• Discontinuation of BOS - YFC effective 07Jan
  • Discontinuation of ALB – ART/BOS effective 08Jan
  • Discontinuation of BOS – ISP/YQB effective 23Dec
  • Discontinuation of ATL – CRP/MFE/TUP effective 07Jan
  • Discontinuation of LAX – OKC effective 07Jan
  • Discontinuation of LAX – FLL effective 14Feb
  • Discontinuation of LAX – CMH effective 14Feb – 02Jun
  • Discontinuation of LAX – RDU effective 14Feb – 04Jan
  • Discontinuation of SLC – BHM/DSM/FSD effective 07Jan
  • Discontinuation of SLC – MRY effective 07Jan – 04Jun