No longer "owned by Delta"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Source please?

It was posted on the Delta employee website under "Industry News"...also a press release on it which I'm not going to bother to look up because it is popular knowledge that they have been trying to sell the Academy for some time now.

Sorry, no rumor or conspiracy here.

:smash:

No conspiracies insinuated.
If this is true, it was bound to happen soon.
I suspect with the funding for student loans drying up, the profit margin was gone.

They will never go away, they will just decrease in stature.

I agree and I hope all regional growth is halted in favor of growth for the majors. But did you forget where you came from?

Interesting that you look forward to their demise now. Were you wishing for it while sitting in the right seat of an RJ/120?

Well I thought the total number of RJ's that someone stated on here about a year ago was way to low, come to find out that is where they are aiming.

Good thing for the RJ drivers is that DAL will be hiring pilots to come over here so may just maybe no one will get a pink slip because of it.

Well I thought the total number of RJ's that someone stated on here about a year ago was way to low, come to find out that is where they are aiming.

Good thing for the RJ drivers is that DAL will be hiring pilots to come over here so may just maybe no one will get a pink slip because of it.

Perhaps, but is the goal for them to all be 76 seaters?

I agree and I hope all regional growth is halted in favor of growth for the majors. But did you forget where you came from?

Interesting that you look forward to their demise now. Were you wishing for it while sitting in the right seat of an RJ/120?

I was.

Every 2 70 seaters is more than 1 narrow body job at the majors. Very few regional pilots have a desire to stay at their regional- they only want PIC time bc the majors require it- but the "mins" always change with how much time their applicants tend to have- hence 3000tt/500-1000pic hires at majors back in 1999-2000 before the explosion in outsourcing. In 2004- pilots hired had about 4000-5000tt at my 1st major. In 2007, our low time guy in class had 7500tt/2400t121pic. Wn in '08 had a good range- but averages were overall very high.
All airlines hire as qualified as they can. More outsourcing just delays those major airline opportunities. And as we all know- hiring at the majors drives the entire aviation train.

Do you really think people like DS and RA would give you scope unilaterally? Do you really think they are that nice?

-You better stop smoking that kind of stuff..

Latest resources

Back