• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Iron / Wrinkle Free Shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a tip for those of you still too lazy to look professional and iron your shirts: Hang your shirt on the door in the bathroom when you take a shower. The steam & humidity will take out alot of the bad wrinkles. Then with all of that time you saved, go for a walk around the hotel or hit the treadmill to get rid of the 1500 calories worth of Biscoffs you ate for lunch. Or for those of you old enough to do so... SHAVE.

If there's one thing worse than the spikey/frosted high school kid with an Ipod walking around in uniform, it's a fat spikey/frosted high school kid with an Ipod sporting a 5 o'clock shadow walking around in uniform.

Cheers

This is in my top 10 posts in Flight Info history.

Last edited:
Wsurf,

Why don't you go be a doctor or a lawyer? If you don't show pride in what you do, then you don't deserve to be doing it.

Hey guys... chill. The whole point was to see if there were any shirts out there that didn't wrinkle quite as fast as the ones we all wear now.

Don't worry, my shirts get ironed before I get to work. You can all go back to sleep now.

Wsurf,

Why don't you go be a doctor or a lawyer? If you don't show pride in what you do, then you don't deserve to be doing it.

I think 90% of us are to dumb to be a doctors. And the other 50% don't wanna be lawyers.

Pride? I take a bunch of pride in my work. All I was saying is this job (aviation) over the past 10-20 has lost a bunch of its luster. Maybe 20 years ago you could compare being a Doctor with an Airline Pilot.

Don't fool yourself. Its a job that doesn't pay what it once did. Its a job where managements and Chief Pilots don't treat you like they once did in the past.

As for flying, I love this job. But you have to understand were the real oyalities are.

How many different Regionals have stabbed each other in the back to fly bigger planes for less money? How many times have managements threaten to close shop if you didn't take paycuts. How many times has Airlines put out flying to the lowest bidder? Does that sound professional?

Unlike a doctor or lawyer, there is always gonna be someone ready to take your job in a second as a pilot for less.

Latest resources

Back