Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

trooper

Hello NETJETS Pilots,

Recieved the "after careful consideration you will not be asked for an interview at this time..." letter yesterday.

What do I do now? Send an update in 6 months? Am I purged out of the system? Will my application be thrown away? Shall I start over?

Please help.

Sincerely, Trooper (stupid nickname from my fellow Naval Aviators)

Don't give up!!!!!! Your paperwork will stay in the "system" if you keep it updated. Send them an update every 100 hours or 3 months with a letter stating how bad you want to work for Netjets. Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!

gump

Trooper -
I'm curious about your situation -- did you already have an app on file for awhile? Had you updated recently? Had you received "the letter" saying to standby for an interview?

I'm wondering if they are purging the pool for some reason...I got my standby to interview letter last March...might be sharks in this here pool !!

Gump, Thank you for the advice and words of encouragement.

Sincerely, Trooper

HercDude, I sent my first original app via FEDEX overnite on July 27th. I had not sent an update. I received the letter dated August 7th on Monday August 12th. This was my first "mail in" app. I did complete the "online" app back in Feb. The letter says the following:

"Thank you for your recent application for one of our career pilot positions.

After careful review and consideration, we have elected not to offer you an interview appointment at this time.

Again, thank you for your interest in NETJETS Aviation and best wishes in your employment search.

Sincerely, Jerry McDermand, Director, Flightcrew Resources"

As you can see by the dates, NETJETS had my application for only about 2 weeks before they responded. The response was much quicker than I expected especially considering the backlog of apps, interviews, etc.

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely, Trooper

Dear John...

Trooper,

Just a suggestion that could help. I don't know if you included your FE information when you applied, but if you did, don't. Many frac and corporate operators do not want to hire individuals inspiring to be airline pilots. They prefer pilots that plan on retiring from their operation. I am sure they realize that many of their pilots are just waiting for the airline interview but with the state of affairs now, maybe they are screening out the obvious Delta candidates. I used to sit on an interview board occasionally with a corporate operator and if we got a hint that the candidate was airline bound, we ended the interview.

If you want to work for Netjets, be persistant. Best of luck.

Dear Tag,

Yes, I did include my FE information and this is why. First, and most important, I don't want to hide any information about myself. That's not my style. Secondly, even if I was inclined to hide information, how could I? It's an FAA record that I have an FE certificate. My feeling is if you hide something and then it's discovered then you're caught in a deception and the hunt for other deceptions really begins. The practice of hiding "stuff" may work for some but, I don't buy into it. I want a company to choose me for who I am, not what I'm pretending to be. I know these issues will probably strike many a nerve in may people and I'm not attacking you just trying to justify why I have presented myself in my application the way I did.

I acquired my FE certificate 14 years ago with a previous employer and have not used it since. Yes, I had aspirations for a Global Airline job at points in my career but, not now. NETJETS is where I want to be, until I can no longer fly. Amen.

Respectfully, Trooper

Latest resources

Back