No, I'm Not that guy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C141FE,

You are a furloughee? You have alot of time for someone having a slot as a CL-65 FO. Does your Total time reflect your FE time as well?

Just Curious.

Hello,
I'm thinking that Tarheel was an ATP (airline training professionals)instructor, went through the ACP (Airline Career Program) and was immediatly hired after he completed the program. This is based on the fact that the only aircraft he listed was the PA-44 (Seminole), and all (except a few C-172s for the PVT, CommSE and CFI-SE) their flying in ME. So, it's possible for him the ratio of total time to ME time he claims.
Unfortunately, for this individual if he was canned for attitude and/or progress. He forgot what the definition(s) of being a professional are. Also, being a professional flight crewmember requires the ability to adapt to new equipment, people and operating environments. Fortunately, I learned these skills well in the military. Now, if only I had 2000 TT, 500ME and an ATP!

regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

We have a winner!!!

Kaman is correct on my past...hey, quit this flying thing an become a P.I. you have talent. :)

B190Capt,

No that does not include my FE time. I have been flying since college. I am not furloughed. I have been called up for active duty since 9-11-01. The only reason I have on here is when we are not flying we are sitting around gettting repairs done. Also, when you are in a area where there nothing to do but sleep, eat or watch arabic tv you would play on the internet.

TV

"C141FE Senior Member Registered: Jun 2002 Flown: CL-65 C141,C130,CE650,LR25,BE90,100,200 Civ/Mil: Civilian/MILITARY Ratings: ATP TURBOJET FE TICKET Current Position: First Officer CL-65 Total Time: 7900 Posts: 228

I am just wondering. How many hours do you have in MEL?"

"C141FE Senior Member Registered: Jun 2002 Flown: CL-65 C141,C130,CE650,LR25,BE90,100,200 Civ/Mil: Civilian/MILITARY Ratings: ATP TURBOJET FE TICKET Current Position: First Officer CL-65 Total Time: 7900 Posts: 228 I am wondering why Tarheel keeps putting posts on different sites. Why is Tarheel trying to convince us so strongly?"

It appears this guy was a c-141 flight engineer, so his total FE time is lumped in with his actual flight time. If I can recall, I don’t think all that time counts for squat!!! The airlines only take 1/3 or ¼ of that time! He obviously didn’t pilot any of those military airplanes, or he would have T-37, T-38 or T-1 time!!! It’s amazing how this guy seems to throw flame all the time!!!

I flew with a Capt that was a C-141 driver in the Guard, he explained all the FE’s were going away, (glass cockpit's in the C-17 & C-130J), they weren’t needed anymore!! Maybe that’s where this guy’s hostility comes from!!!

I wonder why he is throwing stones at tareheel87??

Tarheel I've done the ATP thing. It's a factory. Easy stuff, the examiner is on the same page with everyone.

Just because you have 200 signoff's doesn't mean a thing. That place is designed to put people through as quick as possible.

I think if you had broader experience it might have helped you at psa.

I've found that young guys going into the training environment at a 121 or frax are hungry for the challenge. They don't care about what they did at brand x. They work hard, do it the company way, and make great pilots.

Older guys who have had previous jobs outside aviation. Or even owned their own buisness outside aviation tend to have some problems in the training environment. They are used to being in charge, they are used to making the descision and feel they know more than the company. The company couldn't care less what you know. They are teaching it the way they want things done. PERIOD.

They could care less what you did at brand x.

Flying4food

It has always made me laugh when someone talks to another and they make comments about the C141. The C130J's are onboard the military aircraft. But we have several hundered C130H's and E model. They are not getting rid of all those planes and as for the C141. We already have are follow on aircraft the C-5.
I don't have to explain my time to you or anyone else. My times are not padded or added from the flight engineer side. I am 40 years old and have been flying since 20. That is 20 years of flight instructing and corporate flying.
As for Mr. Tarheel. He came on posts making comments about regional airlines and what happend to him while in training. He pointed the finger at every direction. When you try and tell him something he spins it off. He should be on the O'Reily Show.
I am not throwing stones at Tarheel, but telling him or her they should move on and quit about PSA.

Hello,
I'm not trying to fan the flames, but it is obvious that some people shoot their mouth's off without knowing what they are talking about. A case in point is the fact that C141FE was "called up" to active duty. This implies that he is a reservist that had a "day job" flying civilian airplanes. This is not uncommon, in fact there is a large number of airline/corporate/GA pilots that are also flying for the reserves. A good friend of mine is a former C-130/C-5 FE and is a 4000 hr. King Air pilot for a large charter operation on the west coast.
Another point-of-fact is that the C-141C still employs a flight engineer and the upcoming EFIS equipped C-5 will also gainfully employ an FE. In fact, there are no major changes to the FE panel in either the C-141C nor the C-5 EFIS (don't know if it's going to be a C-5D or not. And for those who are wondering what the C-5C is, well do your homework...2 are assigned to the 60th AMW at Travis AFB). Another point-of-fact is that the C-141C is ONLY assigned to AFRC or ANG units. The C-141B is only being flown by two active duty wings (McGuire AFB and McChord), and these wings are in the process of transitioning to the C-17 Globemaster III (aka "Barney". Why do they call it "Barney"? Again, do your research!)
I get so fed up with a few people on here that shoot their mouth off and start trouble. I AM NOT trying to start trouble. I am chastizing someone: FLYING4FOOD aka ill-informed, and out of line. C141FE's comments were neither out of line nor contentious. He was merely asking some pointed questions, which if one bothered to read were ferreted out

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Who gives a crap about the C-130 or 141? The only true airlifter is the mighty C-5. Bring it on fellas....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back