Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No hiring at UPS for the next TWO years!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clyde

Per Rick Barr at a crew meeting Friday. He sees no hiring at UPS for the next two years. If UPS sticks to past practice, look for them to drain the hiring pool and start all over when the do resume hiring. Yes, that means that current poolies would have to reinterview.

Last edited:
So much for the 100+ they talked about hiring in my indoc class last summer. I guess the field has been changed over the last 6 months.
Oh well, I don't mind sitting in the engineer seat for a couple of years, its only temporary.

I think the age 65 rule is a contributing factor. Granted I'm on the outside looking in, but thats my guess.

Rick Barr cited the age 65 rule and the slowing economy(recession) as contributing factors.

Age 65 is devastating to the junior pilot at UPS. It's all about timing, and if you are very senior and born in 1948 then your timing happened to work out well.

... Yes, that means that current poolies would have to reinterview.
Is that what he said or are you assuming that based on his other comments? In the past some had to re-interview but I believe it was after more than 3 years in the pool (during no hiring period after 9/11)

Per Rick Barr at a crew meeting Friday. He sees no hiring at UPS for the next two years. If UPS sticks to past practice, look for them to drain the hiring pool and start all over when the do resume hiring. Yes, that means that current poolies would have to reinterview.

Clyde, you're nonchalant comment above basically just ruined my life. That's a pretty bold statement to make about the poolies being toast without giving one iota of information to back up your claim. Why didn't you ask the question at the crew meeting about the plans for the poolies? Is there anyone out there who could ask it now? I've heard that UPS is a great place to work if you don't mind being treated like a second class citizen. If the way they treat the poolies is any indication than I'm starting to believe it.

Rick Barr cited the age 65 rule and the slowing economy(recession) as contributing factors.
So did he call the slowdown a recession? Or are you proclaiming that it is in fact a recession? Because if one of you says so - then it's official - the end of the world IS here! :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back