Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

go!ng for broke

I love to duck!
I guess the flight info guys are not the only ones bashing Go/mesa. This was on todays news.

http://www.khnl.com/global/story.asp?s=8233131

No Go for go! Passengers

Updated:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Apr 27, 2008 12:11 AM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); April 26, 2008 06:11 PM
if (document.layers) {document.write(''); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100', 'wnsz_20', 'News');
pxl_trans.gif

c_hb_tl.gif
Email alerts from KHNLClick here to sign up...
pxl_trans.gif

By Leland Kim
HONOLULU (KHNL) -- Anger rises from go! passengers after they're grounded Saturday morning, leaving some inter-island travelers stranded in paradise.
"I couldn't believe it," said Marie Anderson, a Kunia resident who was trying to get to Maui. "We hadn't heard any announcement over the flight being delayed. We had plans to be there. It was frustrating."
While some may not mind extra time on Oahu or the neighbor islands, there were passengers needing to get connecting flights or to special events.
Many of them didn't get to their destination when they wanted to.
go! says a maintenance issue with one of its planes caused this morning's delays. Passengers are naturally frustrated, and say this is not what they were expecting.
The fight screen at the old inter-island terminal says it all; one delay after another Saturday morning for go! passengers.
"It causes me a lot of concern," said Ralph Ortolano, a visitor from California who says his trip's off to a bad start.
"I have a real quick turnaround," he said. "I'm supposed to be there at 3:10 pm and I kind of have a very tight schedule. This is going to really foul me up."
And Marie Anderson and Pearl, her Papillondog, were supposed to be in Maui for a dog show Saturday morning.
"The flight was delayed until 10:30 and we were going to be showing shortly after 10," she said. "There was no way so we basically had to scratch our plans for the day."
Anderson says she wasn't told the flight was delayed, and couldn't get any answers from go! employees.
"Nobody was really clear on what was going on and we were kind of ignored and kind of pushed off on the side," she said.
go! says a maintenance issue with one of its planes caused Saturday morning's delays, affecting every flight on that plane's morning schedule. This domino effect is making air travelers think twice the next time they fly.
"If you're going to spend $200 to turn around and go to an island and come back the same day, and your plans are going to get all fouled up, what do you care if you spend a little extra money to fly with a more reliable airline?" asked Ortolano.
"After today and hearing other people's experiences too, that we're standing in line with, I'm never going to fly go! again," said Anderson.
go! passengers who were stuck Friday were given hotel accommodations, and booked on flights Saturday. go! says it will do its best to take care of displaced customers.

"If you're going to spend $200 to turn around and go to an island and come back the same day, and your plans are going to get all fouled up, what do you care if you spend a little extra money to fly with a more reliable airline?" asked Ortolano.

Alas, the more reliable airline was driven out of business, thanks to cheap SOB's like Mr. Ortolano who let Mesa drive Aloha out of business.

You do not understand the term "Marketshare". Aloha did not loose passengers. They had to match GO! prices to protect their market share. Mr. Ortolano may well have been on Aloha had it been there.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

[QUOTE=''Marie Anderson"]We hadn't heard any announcement over the flight being delayed. We had plans to be there. It was frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you saved $10 on your ticket....

Marie Anderson said:
After today and hearing other people's experiences too, that we're standing in line with, I'm never going to fly go! again

....but that'll cost ya $10 more.

eP.

Ortolano will be back. As soon as go! offers him a $10 one-way, he'll be right back in line. They talk big. But as soon as they can save $5 they switch.

These are the same people that complain about jobs going overseas and then only shop at Wal-Mart to save $1.38 on something they don't really need. Too Bad.

Okay, one plane went mech and delayed a few flights? I hate Mesa has much as the next guy (MESA SUCKS!), but this isn't news.

Okay, one plane went mech and delayed a few flights? I hate Mesa has much as the next guy (MESA SUCKS!), but this isn't news.
Yes it is,
Because:
MESA sucks!
Whew, didn't think I was gonna get to be first!
PBR

Any negative publicity for MESA(SUCKS) is GOOD news, and I always enjoy reading it!!!

*NOTE*-Company sucks -not the pilots, though they did decide to go there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back