• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Call, Letter Expected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks to all of you who wrote encouraging words. It means alot. SWA is just such a unique place and I want to be a part of it so badly. The fat-lady has not sung, so I am going to be cautiously optimistic. I'll keep you posted. Monday should be telling.

BA

Thanks to all of you who wrote encouraging words. It means alot. SWA is just such a unique place and I want to be a part of it so badly. The fat-lady has not sung, so I am going to be cautiously optimistic. I'll keep you posted. Monday should be telling.

BA

BlondAmbition - I think I am a case in point. I interviewed in the same group as you and we chatted.

I heard nothing until a couple days after the 13 Mar DB and then started getting calls about background checks. No thumbs up phone call, yet or bad letter either, so maybe I'm meeting a later board. One of my SWA pals tells me he knows a guy who is going through similar timing. So I guess that means to just hang in there.

No Word

Well GAK,

I still haven't heard a word either. I think that other board is today. So, I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your friend's buddy as well.

Keep in touch.

No news is good news???

BA

Ba..
The People Dept is over run right now with the surge of people coming thru the system..

The reasons for why you may not have heard anything up to now are endless..

And yes...No news is good news..Tough on the nerves..But its a good thing..

Ive been down the same path as you and the wait was tough..

There were some records that were slow coming in and i finally called JM and asked if there was anything i could do to help out the process..
At that time she said no..But a few days later she called and said that some of my records hadnt come in yet and could i please call and speed things up..

A week later i got the "call"..

Have you called and asked if there is anything you could do to help out?
May not hurt..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Still Waiting...

Mike, I hate to call and bug SWA. They said it would be a full 6-8 weeks and my 8 weeks isn't up for another week and a half. Meanwhile I am sitting waiting for the mailman....

BA

Jan

BA,

I believe it's Jan Ruley's job to ensure your package is complete and ready for the board.

Call her and ask if all the required paperwork (NDR, PRIA, etc) is present.

I did this three weeks after my interview when I realized I hadn't received a PRIA confimation from one of my previous employers. I got the matter straightened out and my package was all set for the first board after my interview.

Be proactive. No one else is looking out for you - except yourself.

And by the way, Jan is very recpetive to phone calls, if you can get through to her. Leave a voice mail and/or email her.

Good luck. See ya in DAL

BA

As long as your are cordial..What could they do..?

I have gotten jobs because i was the one showing interest..
And..If you make it clear to them that you are willing to make the process easier on someone if there has been a problem then i have no doubt that it will be well recieved..

You have held out longer than most poolies i know..

I would make the call..But be very nice when you do..

Mike

OK, I'll call

OK guys, you have convinced me I need to call. What is Jan's number?

I still haven't heard a word. Come to think of it I haven't gotten any PRIA from the 3 employers who would be contacted.

I hear the 2nd March board was yesterday, does anyone know different?

BA

???

Seems like you would of gotten a letter by now, good chance you got slid to the 2nd board. Happened to me a while back and didn't even know it. If that's the case you will go through all the emotions all over again waiting for the call or letter, whichever comes first. Hang in there just a bit longer, the waits almost over...

Latest resources

Back