• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clownpilot

From the APA:

>>The Allied Pilots Association has just been informed that the
National Mediation Board has certified the APA as the Collective
Bargaining Agent for the TWA LLC pilots. In other words, the APA
now represents the pilots at TWA LLC.>>

Let the crying begin.

Time for the LLC pilots to work with us not against us.

Yeah, I know, here come the lawsuits.

Yeah, I know, here come the lawsuits. [/B][/QUOTE]

it seems to me you are trying to start the fight with this kind of attitude. Can't we all just get along.:rolleyes:

TWA

TWA Dude said:
Clown:

I'm not crying. Are you?

Sort of. I was on a van from the long layover hotel in MIA the other day with an entire TWA crew. Aside from being completely invisible as no one would even look at me, the FO kept making snide comments about how he was getting screwed. Not to me but definitely so that I could hear them.

I don't want to hear it and I'm not a counselor. Skip the attitude. If you want to be angry, do it in the comfort of your own home. You got a great deal and you're the luckiest people on the planet. Live with it.

I have yet to meet one TWA pilot who has been truly friendly. Civil, yes. Oh well, not my problem.

Re: TWA

Clownpilot said:
I don't want to hear it and I'm not a counselor. Skip the attitude. If you want to be angry, do it in the comfort of your own home.

I agree with you. Many of my collegues are angry at ALPA, APA, AMR, Icahn, the World, the Yankees, and who knows what else. It's eating them alive and they do need to move past it. Scoffing at AA pilots is immature and stupid. I hope someday they can see past their anger but for now I can't do much about them.

You got a great deal and you're the luckiest people on the planet. Live with it.

Attitude. You're displaying one. I don't say this to insult you but you need to know our perspective. Who bought us? Your employer did. If they wish to lecture us like you just did then at least they're in the position to do so. You are not. See the difference? Why in the world do you feel the need to tell us we're lucky if we don't already know it? We both know the answer.

I have yet to meet one TWA pilot who has been truly friendly. Civil, yes. Oh well, not my problem.

That's unfortunate. You haven't met me yet either. All my interactions thus far with AA guys have been positive. A few months back while were still in TWA uniforms however I received a number of "cold shoulder" responses. I just shrugged it off. Soon most of us will get back to our tasks of flying and having fun. Some from both sides will not. C'est la vie.

I'll be joining the APA as soon as the paperwork comes through. Many of my collegues will not because they don't wish to "reward" the APA with their money. IMHO they're biting off their noses to spite their faces. Who was the wiseman who said, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

Last edited:
Re: Re: TWA

Who was the wiseman who said, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? [/B][/QUOTE]

Daffy Duck

Both of you guys make me sick. quit bitchin' about who said what, and how he/ she treated me. That's one of the many problems with an airline that size you guys forget, forget where you came from and why you got into this business. Can't you just see that you are flying for a major airline and have a great job.

go have a drink

HH

Re: TWA

Clownpilot said:

Sort of. I was on a van from the long layover hotel in MIA the other day with an entire TWA crew. Aside from being completely invisible as no one would even look at me, the FO kept making snide comments about how he was getting screwed. Not to me but definitely so that I could hear them.

I don't want to hear it and I'm not a counselor. Skip the attitude. If you want to be angry, do it in the comfort of your own home. You got a great deal and you're the luckiest people on the planet. Live with it.

Clown, Did you ever make an attempt to start a conversation with any of the crew members? How about starting off by saying "Hi, how are you doing today?" If they don't respond or respond negatively, then OH WELL. I also agree with the TWA guy that AMR bought TWA, not you, not me, you are just a number as am I, maybe I am just different then you, maybe I love to do what I do, and always leave the "office at home"...Take care

Latest resources

Back