Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyjetspeed posted:

S ecure Home Basing – to know that years of service means a secure domicile
Still No problem, just don't expect to live over 100 miles from an airport with Major airline flights. Unless you want to pick up the tab for a hotel room.

Doesn't NJI fly from home? Do they have to live within 100 miles of an airport with Major service? I thought as long as an airport was served by any airline it would qualify for them?

NJAowner said:
For what it is worth, RTS is a former Goldman Sachs partner sho left GS to takeover EJA. Goldman was a minoiry investor in EJA/NJA and sold out to BH with RTS.

Fly safe.

I've heard this before. I'm sure RTS is still on good terms with these folks? I would not doubt there is something smoldering.

Hogprint said:
flyjetspeed posted:

Doesn't NJI fly from home? Do they have to live within 100 miles of an airport with Major service? I thought as long as an airport was served by any airline it would qualify for them?

2 hours is the "guideline" The gateway Airport has to have Airline service, you would run the risk of having your gateway airport lose it's service if only one carrier served it tho. Bottom line is to be available for a flight out of your gateway airport within 2 hours, whatever you gotta do to make that happen. Miss enough trips and you'll have some 'splainin' to do Lucy.

Starman said:
Great GV. I'm sure that'll make them feel better once they get the news on what happens via negotiations where our pilots actually have a vote.

You can't be an IBT "Brother" and truely understand how funny that statement is...

GVFlyer said:
That's not really true. NJI pilots are divided into cells with each cell leader having direct access to senior management. Subsequently, if even the newest first officer has a complaint or an idea about a better way to do his job, he has a voice and the ability to get his message to a leadership that is sincerely interested in keeping the pilot workforce happy.

GV

I'm really enjoying how these guys are so proud of their voting rights... :rolleyes: Wearing it as a badge of honor while their company is going down the toilet, sort of like the musicians on the Titanic that decided to just keep playing trying to calm the crowd.

flyjetspeed said:
2 hours is the "guideline" The gateway Airport has to have Airline service, you would run the risk of having your gateway airport lose it's service if only one carrier served it tho. Bottom line is to be available for a flight out of your gateway airport within 2 hours, whatever you gotta do to make that happen. Miss enough trips and you'll have some 'splainin' to do Lucy.

Would not be a problem on the east coast, but left coast bubbas could have trouble meeting this.

h25b stated......

""""I'm really enjoying how these guys are so proud of their voting rights... Wearing it as a badge of honor while their company is going down the toilet, sort of like the musicians on the Titanic that decided to just keep playing trying to calm the crowd."""""

The members of that band had honor, integrity and a sense of duty.....

As does the members of 1108.... Will it sink? That's up to the captain and his crew...

A SHIP'S CREW which doesn't include the aircrew- never has never will.... If it did; the Captain and his crew would have had the pilot's in the trouble shooting loop many moons ago to save this ship-the waste.... All I can do now is my duty in an honorable fashion-until the water takes me... I have always and will always believe that NJA was left in the mom and pop management era to long to recover without the help of a motivated Ship’s CREW which included the aircrew... But that will never happen, sad very sad.........

The pilots are outsiders in this company-we are reminded of that everyday...... This company has never wanted our input or suggestions...

SafetyTheSeat said:
h25b stated......

""""I'm really enjoying how these guys are so proud of their voting rights... Wearing it as a badge of honor while their company is going down the toilet, sort of like the musicians on the Titanic that decided to just keep playing trying to calm the crowd."""""

The members of that band had honor, integrity and a sense of duty.....

As does the members of 1108.... Will it sink? That's up to the captain and his crew...

A SHIP'S CREW which doesn't include the aircrew- never has never will.... If it did; the Captain and his crew would have had the pilot's in the trouble shooting loop many moons ago to save this ship-the waste.... All I can do now is my duty in an honorable fashion-until the water takes me... I have always and will always believe that NJA was left in the mom and pop management era to long to recover without the help of a motivated Ship’s CREW which included the aircrew... But that will never happen, sad very sad.........

The pilots are outsiders in this company-we are reminded of that everyday...... This company has never wanted our input or suggestions...

:eek: :eek:

To point out the inherent flaw in your comparison...

You want to compare yourselves to that band on the Titanic but they were actually trying to calm the crowd while CONTINUING to perform their duty. Hardly the case with the IBT where they are loudly claiming their will to go ahead and drive the ship in to another iceberg if they don't get what they want...

Last edited:
Hogprint said:
I've heard this before. I'm sure RTS is still on good terms with these folks? I would not doubt there is something smoldering.

Why would GS purchase a company that is loosing money. Oh, and, yea, yea, I know, NetJets really MAKES money, but Europe is spending it all.

I think NetJets has passed its prime. Thankfully they didn't get my plane. They tried, but my boss couldn't get past not having his own crew.

I'm sure its been said before, but fractional is WAY more like a taxi cab or an airline, than it is like owning a private jet.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I'm sure its been said before, but fractional is WAY more like a taxi cab or an airline, than it is like owning a private jet.

Ace

That's about the size of it, plus you get to wade through the informational picketing to get to your "cab." Yeah, that's definately a ride I'd be willing to smack down a few million for... :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back