• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Record Flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the winds last night your Gulfstream would have had to average just over M 0.87 to make it from Dulles to Maui in eight hours and fifty-seven minutes. You guys normally fly around at M 0.87?

Normally .85 but the winds were just lighter I am guessing. Maybe they were in a hurry for a short night who knows. But anyway good for them, I will ask them we gave them that airframe.

I did Dulles to Maui last summer, and it was just under 10 hours (felt like 48 with the guy I was with :bawling: ). They must have been booking!

Anything under 10 hours is like a drive through the neighborhood. At 14.5 is when I start yearning for the ground!

whats the average stage length of the iv?

4 to 6hrs? plllleaaase.

I did Dulles to Maui last summer, and it was just under 10 hours (felt like 48 with the guy I was with :bawling: ). They must have been booking!

Anything under 10 hours is like a drive through the neighborhood. At 14.5 is when I start yearning for the ground!

Having flown many a trans-con, and just running the numbers in my mind, you are correct. They had to be hauling ass. They had to hit the coast at somewhere around 4:30 in the flight, that is moving. Any time you can cross the country in less the 5hrs is good time.

The jet stream must have been way north.

I'm guessing one of maybe three guys for that one. No wonder you headed north;) .

Having flown many a trans-con, and just running the numbers in my mind, you are correct. They had to be hauling ass. They had to hit the coast at somewhere around 4:30 in the flight, that is moving. Any time you can cross the country in less the 5hrs is good time.

The jet stream must have been way north.

I checked the wind right after GVFlyer made his post. N509QS had an average 40 knot headwind so he had to be truing out at around 500 knots!

Latest resources

Back