NJI GIV FO question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Chocks

I have an interview with NJI soon and have some questions for a NJI GIV pilot. I am currently a 91/135 GIV Intl Captain and am trying to choose between NJI and another offer that is on the table.

Can somebody from NJI on the GIV PM me so I can get some QOL, and possible future data?

Thanks..

Chocks said:
I have an interview with NJI soon and have some questions for a NJI GIV pilot. I am currently a 91/135 GIV Intl Captain and am trying to choose between NJI and another offer that is on the table.

Chocks,
I'm a 5 year NJI guy. I came from a GIV/GII corporate operation that closed its doors. Think about that possibility in your decision process. NetJets is a change of style from corporate. You work much harder typically, but your days off are truly off! The schedule and the people are great. I'm happy to give you detailed answers if you PM me with questions.
Regards,

I am sure this has been asked before, but how much can a first-year EJIGIVSP FO expect to make (salary range)? I know it's rare to hireintothe GV as an FO, but if it happened, would first-year salary bemuchdifferent or the same? Also, how long should someone expectto upgradeto GIVSP Captain?

Thanks

Heavy Set said:
how much can a first-year EJIGIVSP FO expect to make (salary range)? I know it's rare to hireintothe GV as an FO, but if it happened, would first-year salary bemuchdifferent or the same? Also, how long should someone expectto upgradeto GIVSP Captain?

Thanks

HS,

I'm going to be real careful here and tell you only what my experience has been. I started 4 1/2 years ago with a G4 type and 6 years of international Gulfstream experience. The pay was $62,000. (Nearly everyone that came here took pay cuts to join.) I believe the range back then was between $57,000 and $64,000. I've heard it's more now, but I don't know how much. They hire based solely on deliveries and attrition. That in turn means if the reason you were hired was because of a G5 being delivered, then that's the airplane you'll fly. For a new hire the pay would be the same regardless of airplane.
The ratio of Capt to FO stays at 60/40 so as it works out the upgrades also only happen with expansion or attrition. We're currently having a little of both so we have a few upgrades going on. Very few! I was fortunate to upgrade after 24 months. The guys upgrading now I believe have been here just over 4 years. If the fleet doesn't grow the upgrades will keep stretching out longer since there is very little attrition.
I hope this helps. If you want more details PM me.

Regards, ET

Latest resources

Back