NJI Gateway cities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CE750Driver said:
Not on your "enviroment controlled" platform.

I know, we're so onerous with our rules. No use of the F word and don't attack a union brother. That sure is mind control. The real problem you have is that you have to be responsible for what you post there because your name is attached to it. The problem, EMB, is that these boards aren't all that secure if you know what you're doing.

Anyway, you didn't address one of my points. How much have you volunteered to help solve the problems you perceive? What committees do you serve on trying to make this a better place for everyone? Not a one that I can see...

Last edited:
Hey Grizz:

I don't know why you respond to CE750Driver. It's obvious he doesn't have a clue.

As for me, having been in the union business before, I still cannot believe how far you've come in such a short time. You and rest of the volunteers please keep up the good work. 99.9% of us appreciate it.

Flightbag

PS, I will continue to contribute until we get control of our own dues.

Griz, I have never hid behind the anonomyous nature of this board, and if you check my posts on asap you will see I have questioned SU. All the answer I ever get is just wait. I was the founding father of the communication commitee. I started that before you were even at the company. Right before the Fab 5. I started personally calling every pilot and getting their assurance that they wouldnt extend and put some pressure on the company. Got over 300 of the 450 pilots at the time to aggree, with a consenting MEC.(I named it operation Cold Turkey if you want to ask some oldtimers, alot remember) When the Fab 5 were elected the 1st time, they called my tactics too aggressive and replaced me as chairman with someone they liked. So dont question my motives, I put as much time and money into makeing this place work as anyone, even you probably. Im done, my family is more important now, and there are plenty of motivated people to pick up the reigns.

So there is your answer Griz, you havent answered any of mine from the 1st post. My long term plans dont have me staying at the sinking ship of NJA. SU just doesnt walk on water like most think. They are doing a great job of communicating and moving commitees along, and they are 500 percent better than the last guys, but I dont see the aggressiveness they promised, thats all. If you do, by all means tell me. Questioning SU does not make someone evil.

Till then I will continue to send my money to them, hope for the best and expect what we have been seeing for the last 3 years.

Sorry I got everyones pantys in a bunch by asking questions no one can answer.

EMB

Griz,

Don't worry about the other ce750driver, Roger....er what ever he wants to call himself, is just jelous he didn't get voted back in. If it isn't Roger, it sure sounds like him. Besides, I'm pissed he got to my username before I did.

Wow Roger, thats funny. I supported ridding ourselves of that group, and still support SU financially and otherwise. Obviously Ce750drvr, you havent been around long enough to know your azz from a hole in the ground.

Im done posting on this subject. You all can beleive what you want, but in 2 more years, when we get another not so stellar contract to vote on, I will silently be laughing. Hopefully at another company.

Stay united and try hard. Stay on SU like we should have stayed on the promises of the Fab 5.

CE750Driver,

I apologize. I was unaware of your communication efforts before the FAB 5. I also appreciate your efforts to get folks to not extend. I think had the MEC been behind that effort, the contract would already be done.

I still disagree with you about SU. I think they were handed a crap sandwich by the previous MEC and Local 284 and are doing their best to repair all the damage without having to take a bite. I also think that things are gonna start hopping in the next couple of weeks or I'll be right there with you asking why it hasn't.

Griz, I started the Communications Committee at the request of DR. The MEC chairman before the FAB 5. I wasnt in the good graces with the 5, so when they got in they appointed someone else. I still have the old senority list with guys I talked to personally on the phone and said they would participate. Then I got married and kids came, and more motivated people came in, so Im in the wings at the moment.

I hope you are right about SU. Either way, I will support them, but I will be a bit sceptical till I see some movement one way or another. Canceling or moving negotiation days kinda pisses me off. There will always be busy days, and the company will say they cant afford to have guys off the line again. I hope SU makes them pay.

CE750Driver said:
Wow Roger, thats funny. I supported ridding ourselves of that group, and still support SU financially and otherwise. Obviously Ce750drvr, you havent been around long enough to know your azz from a hole in the ground.

Im done posting on this subject. You all can beleive what you want, but in 2 more years, when we get another not so stellar contract to vote on, I will silently be laughing. Hopefully at another company.

Stay united and try hard. Stay on SU like we should have stayed on the promises of the Fab 5.

I will give you the fact that you can't tell the tone of a post. If you read the last sentence, I was taking a pot shot out of fun. Lighten up, I have been around NJ a lot longer than MOST. I volunteer my time for SU and am involved in two committees. Rome wasn't built in a day much less 30 days. SU has a plan and they are sticking to it. Give them at least a little time. Jeez, could you do it any quicker? If so, put it in writing and give it to SU, they are open to all suggetions. PM me if you want to discuss this further (as professionals, no tone, just constructive), I can answer any questions, that's my job as a SU representitve.

Take care

Latest resources

Back