• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA's best

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as dealing with the passengers, it's pretty easy.

Before flight just get the luggage loaded, confirm who they are and where they are going, confirm the transportation after landing, tell them the safety briefing, let them know where the snacks/etc are if they haven't flown on that type of plane, offer them some water before takeoff, then go up front and fly.

During the flight we really don't have much interaction, but one of us will ask if we can help if they are seaching for something, and maybe ask how the temperature is in the back.

After shutdown get the baggage off the plane, check for cell phones and other forgotten items, and thank them for flying. Very easy for the most part.

I've never flown with a Flight Attendent, never had them in the 1900, so it was pretty much something I never considered when choosing an equipment bid.

Yeah one thing to add if your coming from the airlines for some reason apu or not it dosen't really matter in the summer time. I've talked to friends that are in the XL, 800xpc and the X. and they say it really gets hot up there too! now the Ultra is a green house don't get me wrong but from what I've heard the airflow system sucks in the 800xpc.

My view is your making the same amount of money as an FO regardless of what plane your flying. So go to something with the best QOL and thats the 400xp, Encore, Ultra and then the 800xp from what I've heard. If you want 14hr days min rest do the X or 680.

Yeah one thing to add if your coming from the airlines for some reason apu or not it dosen't really matter in the summer time. I've talked to friends that are in the XL, 800xpc and the X. and they say it really gets hot up there too! now the Ultra is a green house don't get me wrong but from what I've heard the airflow system sucks in the 800xpc.

My view is your making the same amount of money as an FO regardless of what plane your flying. So go to something with the best QOL and thats the 400xp, Encore, Ultra and then the 800xp from what I've heard. If you want 14hr days min rest do the X or 680.

It's true in the XL...even with an APU, the cockpit is hot on the ground. The good thing is that at least the cabin is cool, so if you're in the plane waiting on PAX, you can get some relief. On non-APU aircraft, it may be hot in the summer, but at least it's cold in the winter.

I still think the differences pay is a big factor.

Don't bid the X from what I'm reading on our Mesage Boards there are some serious TOOLS! over there that feel that only they can Fly Owner legs! NJA is a great place to work but sometime your gonna fly with one of our tools that feels that only they can fly airplanes. Usually they are a 9-10 yr guy with no 121 time and lack any SOP's.

Netjets is getting better every year but don't believe your gonna upgrade in 2 yrs here plan on 3-5 yrs. I'm not planning on leaving love the company my only complaint is reading on our union board that we have guys here that believe that the Owners expect to be flown by the Captains or that they are the only ones with experience. Its total crap and I hope our SIC that do fly with these Truds are calling the ACP and asking to be removed from flying with these captains here!

If these guys who won't let you fly owner legs because only they have the experience to do so! whats gonna happen when you have an inflight emergency or a go/no go situation on the ground and he doesnt respect your opinion do you launch anyways? Like I said NJA is a great company to work for but its these group or guys that make the job really hard. I haven't had the pleasure of flying with any of these spanks yet but I won't fly with any one of them.

I'm sorry, and this relates to the original question how?

Yes, you make some very good points, although somewhat off track for this thread.

However, I would LOVE to listen in on that conversation between you and the ACP. Are you really going to try and get out of a trip because some PIC won't let you fly pax legs? What do you think the ACP is going to say? "Gee Mr. popgoesthebubble, that really IS an insult to your professionalism and abilities! Absolutely we'll hose over the clients you were going to fly on the next leg while we pull you off that trip and buy airline tickets to get you to a plane with a different captain whom you may or may not want to work with while we airline in a replacement for you."

It may not be to your liking, but we do have captains here like that. There aren't many, and if you can't just suck it up and do your job professionally for the rare tours that you may be paried with these guys, then I do have questions about your professionalism and judgement as a pilot.

PS- I believe the Prostandards Comittee would prefer you bring these kinds of conflicts to them first before mouthing off to management.

i thought they were the baggage loaders?

Its hard to see what they are doing from the cool ac of the FBO. :)

Man, I'm so looking forward to hopefully be waving at you guys in the FBO! LOL And if I get the chance to even fly the thing...wowsie!! I'll be in heaven.:pimp:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back