• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Termination Letters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to tell you if the owners don't see a QS tail they don't want it. No matter if its a EJM plane or not.

They pay for QS they are going to get qs

More flying for underutilized EJM Gulfstream/Challenger/Falcon airplanes...

There are also Scope limits on this type of flying. So long as it's done within limits of the CBA, so beit.

But what's the point? Shedding the G 4/5 operation or pumping up EJM ops within Scope limits just to spite NJA pilots is completely retarded, below NJ management, counter to IBB efforts and a complete 180 from progress made since 2005.

Can't see it happening.

I could not agree more. RTS is a businessman first and foremost and I - personal opinion - feel he thinks he has finally met a pilot leadership group as tough as he is who are dedicated to seeing NJA succeed and grow .. which he respects. NJI will be assimilated per his original promise long ago .. define assimilated however you want. Still trust but verify.

RTS has said time and time again that the NJI can unionize anytime they want, but the pilots have to want to do so.

I can't see the NJI pilots voting in 1108 any time soon. Why?

Given that half the NJI pilot group is first officers, why would any vote for a union when they would immediately place them towards the bottom of a greatly expanded seniority list? No Gee-Wiz upgrade for you!

As for the Captains most of the ones I've spoken to still see the teamsters as a bunch of beer carrying truck drivers, and don't see any advantage to joining the union.

They pay for QS they are going to get qs

Totally agree. EJM doesn't cut it for the long haul. People want to see that paint job, that blue uniform on the FA, the brown interior, etc. etc.

As for the sale, I don't see it. The lift cannot go away, and it cant be quickly replaced. I just cant see NJI being sold, but still flying NetJets Owners under the current arrangement.

But don't take my advice, I still own Midway stock... any day baby, any day it gonna pay.

ozpilot said:
I can't see the NJI pilots voting in 1108 any time soon. Why?

Because the 1108 hasn't given them a reason too, thats why.

I gotta know what's in the pot before I raise the bet.;)

hmmm... job protection, great contract, fatigue language, scope language, pay protection... that's not enough??? I'm sure there's much more!! Cmon over, the water's warm!

Also, the general perception is that if NJI pilots come to 1108 volunteeirly, the seniority list integration will be much better for them. If 1108 has to file the single carrier lawsuit and force integration, it won't be as beneficial to the NJI pilots. Of course, there's the chance that the single carrier lawsuit will fail. Then it's business as usual. But the best thing for all, including the company is an integrated seniority list.

Also, the general perception is that if NJI pilots come to 1108 volunteeirly, the seniority list integration will be much better for them.

But the best thing for all, including the company is an integrated seniority list.

Perceptions: Looking at a painting in the M.M.A. and seeing a whale swimming in the ocean, while your wife sees an Eskimo roller skating on the moon.....

Until the 1108 makes a public statement, NJI pilots will do nothing. Last year I was very much interested in finding out what your leaderships position was. So I called every old friend I had over there (found out one of my old students was on the 1108 MEC). I was told through the grape vine, the MEC promised not to talk with NJI pilots under any circumstances until after the Single Carrier. So... if you're not talking.....

I do agree 100% that the best thing for everyone (company included) is for the pilot groups to find common ground, and work together. At no time can this turn into another NWA/Republic debacle, my family's livelihood depends on it (and so does yours).

The A pilots @ NJI have proven (except for THE ONE) we can get along and share a cockpit, although I haven't done it myself yet.

My $5.00 goes on:

No sale of NJI
No filing of Single Carrier
No NJI union movement
NJA homebasing for all
NJA/NJI LOA continues for eternity
6-10 years from now, 'possible' merger of the pilot groups

My $5.00 goes on:

No sale of NJI
No filing of Single Carrier
No NJI union movement
NJA homebasing for all
NJA/NJI LOA continues for eternity
6-10 years from now, 'possible' merger of the pilot groups

I wanted to codify this so we can revisit the issue in the near future. I respectfully request we move on to the acceptance and solutions phase of the issue. An amicable resolution and burring the past is very much in everyone’s best interests.

If someone is naive enough to think that this isn’t being addressed – they are failing to accept the state of affairs (NetJets has outperformed every expectation in 2006 and 2007) and the simple fact a pilot’s union that is business solution based has cracked both codes; principled labor disputes and business solutions. NetJets has never performed better while NetJets owners have never been more pleased with the service. One of the main reasons is the talent and business solutions initiatives the union initiated with a management team that was prepared to try something new. Clearly this is to the benefit of all; owners/cardholders, employees, and shareholders.
We’re only closing the first phase of a multi-phase transition. The moral of the story – a large unionized pilot group has more to offer than many ever realized. Further, the unionized group is out performing any historical data.

Quite simply, that’s how the unionized pilots will get what they want – professionalism and performance. As they say, just follow the money, and the money says labor peace benefits all. Then ask one simple question. If Interest Based Bargaining sets new standards, what’s the only outstanding issue to long-term labor peace? With this answer we can all move on to the acceptance and solutions phase of the issue.

Respectfully,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back