Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ouch!

its a goode thing dont kneed a inglish digree too fly a airplain

BROKEFLYER works for NJA, whose pilots made the ultimate union bust when they used IBT's resources to get what they wanted, then got greedy and busted that union and started their own in house union (ala USAir...the difference being the union didn't give USAir what they wanted, IBT did).

Pots meet kettle. How's that big in house $ working for you in the grand scheme of things? Kind hard on the lobbying fund and attorney representation, too, I'd guess.

Technically, we did not "bust" the Union (which would be akin to decertification, which is not provided for under the RLA). Rather, we changed bargaining agents by recertifying under NJASAP.

The IBT was not lobbying on our behalf on many of the issues we feel are important to fractional pilots. Further, NJ pilots (even under 284 and 1108) always paid for attorney fees out of our own coffers. Any money paid by the IBT later had to be reimbursed, in addition to their share of the dues money.

Technically, we did not "bust" the Union (which would be akin to decertification, which is not provided for under the RLA). Rather, we changed bargaining agents by recertifying under NJASAP.

Do you guys fly too, or just full time spin machines on here?

I went ahead and ran a spell check for you again. You're welcome.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. It's the spelling Nazi. Bro. It's just a web forum.

Naaaaghgh.

Will have to see everyone booted from the 18 day schedule back to the 7&7 schedule first... before any furloughs.

If that happened it would be like we lost the equivalent of 250 pilots... because of the 36 extra days a year 18 day fixed schedule pilots fly per year. That would be like the equivalent of a 5%-10% reduction in force, without any furlough.

I cannot see people being furloughed while others work extra days for more money.

:laugh:...... there have been many many discussions on our msg board about this.. The Eb doesn't agree

:laugh:...... there have been many many discussions on our msg board about this.. The Eb doesn't agree
I gotta admit I was surprised people didn't want off that schedule ... As it turned out I believe they would have furloughed anyway as evidenced by the cancelling of voluntary measures.... So I guess the e-board was right.

Latest resources

Back