NJA Struggling?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Legitimate???? That's stretching it.

Business Owner??? There's no disputing that claim. I would further qualifying him as a "Successful Business Owner"
"It makes no difference to me what a man does for a living."

It's not personal. Its business.

"Don't ask me about my business."

Diesel, what are some of your businesses? PM if you like. Just recently furloughed, and looking for some ideas to create a second nest egg.

Yeesh!! Put B19 on ignore! Really, he'll get tired of talking to himself eventually.

First, I know Diesel and he is a legitimate business owner. I guess B19 is proven wrong yet again.

Second, I've been with NJA for almost 12 years now. We had some real turmoil for less than a year. And the returns on it were well worth it. But the vast majority of my existence here has been peaceful. We have nearly 3000 pilots here, and I'd be willing to bet that less than 5% are truly unhappy because of our union. So much for B19's theory that unions create turmoil or make its members unhappy.

Finally, the union actually REDUCES uncertainty and turmoil. When I first started here, our union was admittedly very weak. As a result, if we needed answers, about anything, from the company we simply wouldn't get them. Now, with a strong union, information flows smoothly and quickly to the union members. Want to know why something is happening the way it is in training? Just ask the appropriate union comittee and you'll get an answer quickly. This reduces turmoil.

Please just ignore B19. He continues to display that he knows NOTHING about how our union works.

Want to know how most in management operate? Just watch the news these days and see how many executives are still walking away with HUGE bonuses while the average worker suffers. It should be criminal that AIG is going to pay out $500 million in executive bonuses while accepting billions in taxpayer money to bail them out. But that's management thinking for you.

Let's say he is.

Would he accept it if his help just came in one day and wanted to raise their pay to a level that would drive the cost of his product to a point he couldn't afford to have help and maintain a work week that would require him to double the amount of employees he has just to maintain coverage at the higher rates?

Of course not... he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

B they got you working weekends too now? Man it sounds like the union-busting biz must be rough!

Bob19 working Weekends....

B they got you working weekends too now? Man it sounds like the union-busting biz must be rough!

Is just another sign that he is losing the battle for Hearts and Minds, and he knows it.

Tick, tick Bob19, almost time to find a new place to practice your union busting trade.

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
I cant imagine netjets isgoing to furlough. i have been getting calls from them monthly since my interview in aug. i actually just spoke with them last week. she said they would be calling shortly after the new year. now i know this doesnt mean they will offer a job then. If you are going to layoff, why bother calling guys about future employment.

Because aviation company's hire until they furlough, and furlough till they hire. :nuts:
Personally, I think we are done interviewing until 2010ish. We will take from the pool as (if)needed over the next 12 months.

The folks in Talent acquisition are the last people on earth to get the pulse of the company off of.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back