Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Sim Profile to Change Immediately...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYLOW22

Just heard from a birdy that the Citation 2 sim is no more.

Sim evals will be held in Level D Sovereign or X sims.

Packets with new profile info will be distributed to applicants as necessary.

This is a GOOD thing.

Enjoy.

Yes it is, unless you don't have any glass experience. But I guess that's becoming more rare these days.

All of our aircraft are glass. It makes sense, and FlyLow is correct. This is a GOOD thing. That old sim was an embarrassment.

Geez, interview sim rides in the X. That's just mean. At least let them use the Ultra.

No, this is a good thing. And the X sim flies fine (as in quite normal and predictable) as long as you aren't doing V1 cuts in a 21 knot crosswind. They are going to start you on the runway with a 200 foot overcast with the engines running. At that point, it's just an airplane. Push the power up and fly that sucker! It is normal, whereas the old Citation II sim is like trying to fly the Wright flyer while intoxicated. Not that I've ever done that.

P.S. - I was told three weeks ago by one of the guys that does the interview sim rides that they will be alternating between the X, Ultra,and the XL sims due to scheduling. They all use the same Primus PFDs and anyone that is used to glass will be very comfortable.

Last edited:
N
P.S. - I was told three weeks ago by one of the guys that does the interview sim rides that they will be alternating between the X, Ultra,and the XL sims due to scheduling. They all use the same Primus PFDs and anyone that is used to glass will be very comfortable.

I was wondering how they expected to use these sims when they are pretty busy as is.

That non-motion "sim" they're retiring doesn't fly like any real airplane! You'll be better off in a modern sim, believe me.

especially the visuals. I didn't know if I was on the centerline or the edge of the rwy. (even though it's not graded)

That non-motion "sim" they're retiring doesn't fly like any real airplane! You'll be better off in a modern sim, believe me.

totally agree with you! ( still no excuse for not doing well enough on it a few months back to get hired ) but I am happy to see it go!!

This is GREAT news!!

Latest resources

Back