NJA New Hire Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cush said:
SAE and D91 were you guys hired into the 2000? How long before you get on-line? Are you going straight to IOE or still going to have to do the CMH flight? We could use you guys out here right now, been getting slammed every tour.

Wow - I had heard that the Citation X fleet was bad in terms of long work days but had not heard the 2000 was super busy as well. Doesn't surprise me given the aircraft's versatility - long vs. short flights.

In terms of pilot number growth figures, will the new pilots be added to support new aircraft like the Hawker 4000? I had heard that the G150 might not happen - I would expect that to impact the pilot hiring levels - right? Which fleets will benefit from the huge number of incoming pilots?

On Your Six said:
Wow - I had heard that the Citation X fleet was bad in terms of long work days but had not heard the 2000 was super busy as well. Doesn't surprise me given the aircraft's versatility - long vs. short flights.

Actually, many of the fleets are quite busy and that's coupled with what seems to be an edict from scheduling to keep crews on for long duty days. Unless you have a big maintenance issue, it does seem like they'll try to keep you on duty for 10 or more hours, sometimes seemingly aiming for 11:59 to avoid OT if the crew is just sitting at an FBO.

On Your Six said:
In terms of pilot number growth figures, will the new pilots be added to support new aircraft like the Hawker 4000? I had heard that the G150 might not happen - I would expect that to impact the pilot hiring levels - right? Which fleets will benefit from the huge number of incoming pilots?

Seems like pilots are going to most all of the fleets though I've heard that the Ultra fleet isn't adding new pilots right now, obstensibly due to a backup in training. I'm not certain that the G150, if it does indeed get dropped, will impact hiring. It wasn't like we were getting a ton of them right away. As for new pilots going to the 4000, it's likely but temper that with the understanding that we aren't getting them very quickly. I haven't even seen a bid for that aircraft that I can recall.

We are still up in the air about whether or not we are going straight to IOE or if we have to do AC training in CMH. I am betting that we will still do the AC training though. Yeah we did get hired right into the 2000. Seems with the Bypass FO's, there are a lot of seats to fill there.

NJA Capt said:
You mean you're up to 2 legs a day now!!??

Just kidding guys ;)

Laugh away! I have been averaging 4 to 5 legs a day. My last 7 days out we flew 42 hours, not block. We could really use more manpower, with all those sic's that left they are running us hard. No country club here.

I finished Sim last week awaiting aircraft training. My understanding is that until they've replaced the A/C training with something else, i.e. more sim, I.O.E. or whatever, A/C training will resume. I know the talk is they will replace it in the near future. BTW, I am typed in the Ultra and DA2000, that's why NJA put me in the XL!
I'm looking forward to rolling up the proverbial sleeves and getting on line.

Latest resources

Back