• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Equipment Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lav in the ultra is worse. The 400's is pretty easy by comparison. They just have to wipe the honeypot down before taking it out of the airplane.

99.9% of the time the lav is not an issue. Before every pax leg longer than an hour (especially with kids): "Ummm... you might want to use the restroom in the fbo, the one in the plane is really small and uncomfortable to use." Pax: "Oh, great idea!"

interview

good luck in the interview, these guys really want to know who you are. keep in mind to be friendly and help put the chairs away after the interviews. stick around to help clean up and chat with interviewers if time permits. dont forget to personally thank the linda and derinda for thier time.

regards-

Actually the crew lav on the BBJ is terrible, nothing different than the front end of a SWA 7-3. Yes the pax lavs are quite nice, but you can't use em with peeps on board.

WrknStff said:
You could get any of these and here's what I've gathered from discussion at indoc:

Ultra/Encore, 400 - No APU. *nuff said I'd personally choose these only if no other option was available, but the work load should be the lightest in the fleet if that means anything to you.

Excel - Busy fleet but very comfortable and nicely equipped. Not as busy as the bigger fleets because it's still considered a Class I cabin and can't recover for anything larger. Usual legs under 3 hours, max would be about 4 empty. No jumps over the pond but plenty of Caribbean and Central America.

Hawker 800 - Nice cabin but minimal baggage for both crew and pax. That's good because they don't pull up with 3 SUV's worth of crap for you to lug, but bad because what they do bring you are expected to shoehorn in somehow. Longer legs than Excel so you'll see more coast to coast but still no pond hopping.

Citation X - Whipping boy of the fleet. 14/10 days for 7 in a row is the norm. Plane is fast and sexy but speed just means it's the best for getting to a recovery and you'll be SMO/TEB/SMO a lot. Small cockpit but nice cabin. But it does have a low dispatch reliability so the plane should give you a rest fairly often. Will go to Europe or Hawaii fairly often.

Sovereign - Nice plane. Same cabin as X but cockpits much roomier. Not as fast and not quite as much range but can get into a lot of the smaller fields. It's the newest fleet and the fastest growing. I don't know if it's going cross pond much though. Of course this one will handle the 3 SUV's and the pax know it so if you have back issues, it wouldn't be my first choice.

G200 - Big, big cabin and long, long legs. Biggest plane without an FA so you'll be the man when it comes to cleaning and stocking a small apartment. Fairly fast but I've heard it is a bit of a pig in the climb. I'm sure lots of international trips on this baby. Oh and about the 3 SUV thing? Expect four or five with this one.

Falcon - I haven't heard of any new hires getting offered this one because it's a higher pay scale, but it could happen. It has a FA so that makes the SIC's job a lot easier right off the bat. Big plane with lots of capability for the extra long flights.
Hey, Gents, the info is very helpful for a new guy like me who is hoping for an interview after a good 121 career. Thanks for the post, and for the responses. I just joined the group this afternoon, and am glad I did. Thanks to all.

CaptJay said:
Hey, Gents, the info is very helpful for a new guy like me who is hoping for an interview after a good 121 career. Thanks for the post, and for the responses. I just joined the group this afternoon, and am glad I did. Thanks to all.

Congrats and welcome! So, with all the information available what aircraft did you end up on?

The Excel is at least as busy as the X and they are the two busiest in the fleet. It may be class one, but it does a lot of recovery trips also (I've recovered Falcon trips more than once) and a lot of trips for owners of larger aircraft (or Hawker 400s) that can't get into the shorter runways. You work hard in this aircraft, but at least you make more to do it with the differences pay.

"Sovereign - Nice plane. Same cabin as X but cockpits much roomier"

The cockpit has more room than a 172, but that is about all. The cockpit is about the same size (small) as the X.

The Sovereign, X, and Excel all have the same cabin height and width and basically the same size cockpit. The Excel seems to have the most room of the 3 up front due to less avionics making more room for legs/ knees, but they are all not real comfortable on long flights.

Latest resources

Back