NJA Encore

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captain dad

I have a Telex 750. Is the Encore real loud? Do I need a noise cancelling set or will my old 750 work? Is it the standard two plug jack? I haven't asked. It just hasn't come up in training.

Last edited:
All the planes, except the 400xp, have telex 750. No need to bring your own headsets. Unless you just want to wear your own.

get a qc2.

I ran telex 750's in the V for years w/o any problems. Have heard the beechjunks, or bitchjets if you prefer, are noisy airplanes.

I use a QC2 in the Encore and its nice n quiet. I do see a fair number of guys using the company provided 750s but they, to a man, also wear earplugs underneath the headset. It isn't loud up front but is sure isnt quiet either. The Bose setup is worth the peace of mind - to say nothing of attempting to preserve whats left of my hearing...

I found the Ultra and Encore to be too noisy for Telex 750's without any other noise attenuation. A few years ago, I bought a Telex 850 and it's been great. That said, if you are considering a headset purchase for the Encore, I'd look into the QC2, particularly if you are interested in a headset to block out noise when airlining and for listening to an MP3 player. If you don't care about listening to MP3's on your aircraft headset, the Telex 850 is another good option, particularly because you don't have to worry about batteries dieing.

The Encore is a very loud airplane for a jet. Once you're at altitude it's fine, but down low that puppy screams, and if you happen to turn on the windshield bleeds forget about hearing anything without turning the volume almost to the max. If you're partner happens to be doing the same thing then get ready for a screech out of the audio panel that will rattle your bones. That and the company headsets are worn enough that they won't stay on my head, so I've reverted to my trusty David Clark's. I don't care if I don't look like a jet pilot when wearing them, I'd rather be able to hear the wife yelling at me 20 years from now.

Get the Bose

Senheisers HMEC-25 is the headset I've been using now for 5 years, first in the Ultra nad now in the XL.

The Senheisers worked just fine and were half the price of the BOSE as well as being a bit smaller too. Both had a 30 money back policy so I bought them both. Tried them for 7 days each and I returned the BOSE because I couldn't justify $500 more for what very little difference I noticed.

Senheiser also offered NetJets pilots a deal where you could pay them off over 12 months, interest free on your credit card. It worked out to be about $48/month. Not a bad deal.

Just my 2 cents.....

Latest resources

Back