• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Downgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on CRJ, quit being so bitter about this.....you know and I know that there are plenty of jobs out there to choose from. :rolleyes: Its funny how its always the captains of the world who claim that they have been furloughed before and we know how you feel blah blah blah. We have every right to be pissed at this f'n company. I have moved on and out of aviation, so I really don't care anymore about the drama in CMH.

Take it from somebody in your shoes, it will get better and there is definitely life after Santulli. This job market and furlough thing hurts more than macho nacho and the rest of the employed crowd at NJA will ever know. Keep your chin up dude (and the rest of my fellow furloughed aviators looking for work)!

Wow, how inspiring!
I don't think anyone here supports the last management regime's decision to hire folks away from stable employment.

Found a Gem in this steaming pile

Perhaps if people are afraid to fatigue because they're scared of filing a report, they shouldn't be making command decisions in the first place.

Great point! Unfortunately there are few ways to address weakness in the left seat, or right seat for that matter. But that brings up the a general question.

Why are pilots' salaries directly connected to the seat they sit in. This practice forces all pilots into a command role despite the fact that different personality types are better suited to lead while some prefer a support role. We blast weak captains all the time but I promise some of those crappy captains were great co-pilots and would love to go back to that role.

When i taught at FSI I had a type-b pilot who was probably also an introvert. I'm guessing introvert because this pilots mind processed information slower but more completely. Anyway, this pilot sticks out because they were fantastic support (perhaps the best I have seen) from the right seat where there was a little bit of time to finish the mental processes. However, when flying and commanding from the left this pilot looked lost, weak and indecisive. Night and day.

This pilot took a captain upgrade because that is the only way to get the money. I have heard thru the grapevine how terrible this pilot performs on the line. But remember ot all pilots are captains, some are terrific co-pilots.

Just finished cleaning out my shorts and rinsing my shoes

Come on CRJ, quit being so bitter about this.....you know and I know that there are plenty of jobs out there to choose from. :rolleyes: QUOTE]

Missed the rolling eyed smiley face the first time! Soiled myself real good!

Prior to this furlough I had been out of work a total of maybe 3 days in my whole working life. This job market is a new age, stinky sh#thole of mess. At another time perhaps the furlough wouldn't have been so bad, but this market is worse than the news makes it out to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any chance that the folks that are paid 1.6 % out of every pilots pocket will some day communicate??

Nah....they are still in the honeymoon phase with Sokol. Remember, he is such a great guy and they are confident will turn the business around. Sure, NetJets is profitable now but it was mainly accomplished on the backs of the employees with more to come. The place is no different than any mismanged airline at this point.

Meanwhile, Avant, Flex, and Citation Air have unveiled new card programs and marketing strategies all geared towards a struggling NetJets. What has been done at NJA in response? Nothing but cuts, cuts, and more cuts. Looks like the typically airline CEO mentality to me.

Better count on about 10 years for any hopes of a recall. I'm moving on with my life. Just chalking this one up as the worst career decision I ever made when I chose to come work at the pyramid scheme known as NJA instead of taking the offer I had from Allegiant (or even staying where I was) a few years ago.

Last edited:
Wow, how inspiring!
I don't think anyone here supports the last management regime's decision to hire folks away from stable employment.

Pilot staffing is governed by the work rules in the contract and not just by some whimsical hiring projection. It's done by cold hard facts.

NJ is by far, the highest pilot per airframe in the fractional industry. NJ managment had to hire pilots that no other fractional would have based on contract rules.
The additional pilots pulled away from stable employment was based on the contract vs. projected flying. As a result, NJ was "fat" by hundreds of pilots and most importantly, could not cut back because of the contract.

Now it's all coming home to roost... don't blame management, blame the inability of the NJ to adjust as a result of the union contract. These furloughs are union related, not the result of poor management by the company. Place the proper blame where it belongs.

Union 101. Squeeze the golden goose till it can no longer lay eggs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back