NJA Cockpit Culture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually talk about me!

It usually takes me several hours to tell the other guy all about me!

I can't think of anything I'd rather talk about!

Chicks and beer are nice too..

Most of the people I fly with generally go right to their rooms after we get to the hotel.

Whats up with that?

It usually takes me several hours to tell the other guy all about me!

I can't think of anything I'd rather talk about!
Most of the people I fly with generally go right to their rooms after we get to the hotel.

Whats up with that?
Maybe it is because of the several hrs of talking about you?

no it does not, we have had pilots go there without degrees probably based upon business jet PIC.

so you're telling me theres a chance? YEAAAAAA

As of late, once Netjets receives your application they are inputting the data into a matrix that will rank you based on score. The higher you are ranked, the sooner you will receive an interview. Now, your score (which determines your ranking) is based off of a multitude of qualities. You earn points for pic time, jet time, time in a type of aircraft NJA flies, having a college degree, and so on. You can also have points deducted as well. Once all the points are totaled, your ranking is determined. Now keeping this in mind, if you score well in other areas that bring your total up, the college degree will have little bearing on your overall score. I do believe that the points earned for having a college degree are somewhat significant. You still have a chance without it, you just have a better chance with it.

I received this information from one of our pilots who personally spoke with Derinda about the process. She showed him how the system worked. The applicant this individual recommended was accidentally entered into the system as NOT having a college degree. Once the error was rectified, the applicants ranking improved significantly from what the pilot told me.

Do any NJ pilots know if there is a higher ranking or more points for current 91/135 pilots. Now that FedEx, UPS and SW have stopped hiring and with the new contract many regional guys are thinking about NJ. As far as time goes (for the most part) the 121 guys will have a lot more then a 91/135 guy over the same time period. Just wondering if there's a slight advantange or it's an even shot. Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back