NJA = Charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fracster

For all those debating whether to apply with NJA here is just a little info to help you make a more informed descision.

NJA is charter and thats it. If you have done charter, dont like charter or love it that is all we are. Calling passengers owners as if that elevates their status somehow and changes our job description is silly. We are on demand charter with certain duty time limitations.

14 hour days followed by only 10 hours of rest are the norm. Max time on with min time off is what NJA is about. The reason I bring this up is because many pilots seem to think that once this contract is settled, which will not be this calender year, our lives will magicaly change. We are charter people. Its the nature of our business.

NJA can use you from 12:01 am on your first day until 11:59 pm on your last day. 5 days, 6 days or 7 days truly means that amount of time. And again, this will never change. You will never know when you are coming home.

If your current job is so pathetic that this sounds like a better life to you then welcome aboard. I will add this caveat there is nothing wrong with this type of flying and life but you have to be informed about it otherwise you will look back and realize you have made a horrible mistake. You will be under contract for 2 years and that is a long time to be miserable.

Yes, the hotels are nice and the food is plentiful but again some of this will change. Ultimately we will go to a standard food menu. I do say the hotels should stay the same.

Just some info.

Something else to add....this week it was clearly stated by a senior VP that NetJets had "over promised and under delivered" to its pilots in the past during the interview process. People were told things that were never going to happen and they based their decision to come here based on those "empty promises". I'd say that anyone in the past who was hired here and wants to leave should not be held to their training contract based on this statement.

Something else to add....this week it was clearly stated by a senior VP that NetJets had "over promised and under delivered" to its pilots in the past during the interview process. People were told things that were never going to happen and they based their decision to come here based on those "empty promises". I'd say that anyone in the past who was hired here and wants to leave should not be held to their training contract based on this statement.

Share = Depreciable Asset

NJA is not equivalent to charter, at least from an accounting standpoint... From what I have read, owners can claim depreciation benefits from their shares. To claim depreciation, the share needs to be an asset. Therefore, owners can't be merely "charter customers" if they have depreciable assets... From an operational standpoint, however, it sounds a lot like 135...

Last edited:
Heavy Set said:
NJA is not equivalent to charter, at least from an accounting standpoint... From what I have read, owners can claim depreciation benefits from their shares. To claim depreciation, the share needs to be an asset. Therefore, owners can't be merely "charter customers" if they have depreciable assets... From an operational standpoint, however, it sounds a lot like 135...

I don't think he was talking about the owners point of view. I think he was talking about the lifestyle of the pilots.

He was talking about the pilots........ However, the Marquis section of NetJets are not owners, but are just plain ol charter customers buying block time. This group is growing larger and larger while the owners group is growing smaller, and more pissed off as they see THEIR plane being taken away from them, and used for charter with little or NO compensation to the owner.

This practice is used by all the fractionals now. Pretty soon we will be all cheap ass charter outfits. :mad: :mad:

This practice is used by all the fractionals now. Pretty soon we will be all cheap ass charter outfits. :mad: :mad:

Spoken like a furloughed airline pilot looking for that Island in the Sky.

Latest resources

Back