NJA C-X vs. G200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

love2fly

The CEO of my company is looking into a NJA share for his personal and family use to fly mainly between the Northeast and Colorado where he has a vacation ranch. Other trips to Fla and etc. He is looking at the C-X and the G200 -- advantages to the C-X are time and $$$. It will cost less per trip meaning he gets more flight hours for his share. But the G200 is new and larger. He usually flies with his 3 kids. NJA says that since there are so few G200s in the fleet (I think only 3) they wil spend a lot of time upgraded to DA-2000s and G-IVs.

What are your opinions on the jets?
What are the realistic upgrade possibilities?

Thanks.

I think that your boss will be happy with either the C-X or the G-200. They are both great airplanes and each have different pro's and cons. The C-X is faster but there will be a little more room in the G-200. He just has to decide what is more inportant to him ( or her for that matter.)
If he is worried about the number of G-200's ( 3 and the 4th should be on property real soon) just go Gulfstream at Dallas Love and look at all the 200's sitting there in NJ paint schemes. Like a dog in the pound, they're only waiting for loving owners to take them home.

The 3rd airplane is here and has been for a while. The 4th is in SAV getting a few decibles shaved off the interior noise levels.

Regarding the BFL numbers, the G200 is a ground lover at high gross weights. That won't matter unless you're planning to stick 15,000lbs of gas onboard to stretch the range going to Europe.

If you buy a share of a G200, you can always downgrade to the X when you want to go fast and not only save on the hourly figure, but use fewer of your hours doing it. If you buy the X and frequently upgrade to the G200, you won't be getting the same mileage if you did it the other way around. Just depends on what you need. Speed or Space.

I think your boss will fall in love with the G200 interior though. Besides the G200 will still do .80-82. No, that doesn't compare with the "sled" doing .92 up there, but don't you just hate it when the flight isn't quite long enough to finish that favorite DVD? Buy an Ultra share (and bring your laptop) and you can finish 2.

It is strange, but the interchange rate from the G200 to the C-X is 1.10 where it is 1.00 from the C-X to the G200. Under the presen pricing, the C-X costs slightly more than the G200 for the share (last year the C-X was less expensive to buy the share). The monthly maintenance and the hourly charges are higheer onthe G200. So, it would cost more time to fly faster. Also, the concern is that with so few G200s int he fleet, upgrades will not be available since NJA does not guarantee upgrade availability.

Having been in both the Citation X and the G200 (rated in the G200) I can say that the interior of the G200 wins HANDS DOWN. It is VERY comfy for a midsize airplane (err Super Midsize..)

Only downside I can see is the dispatch reliability of the G200 as compared to the X. The G200 left me stranded more times than I can remember....maybe its gotten a little better...but still...Many were returned to Gulfstream b/c of this..

If you can depart Visually out of KASE it will get back to east coast no problem. Nothing will with the IFR DP or course. Places like KGUC or others no problem. BFL #s on the 200 were pretty good from what I recall.

I cant see the slightly faster X being worth it. I think anyone would rather sit in the G200 for 12 more minutes to Colorado....Oh yeah, if it starts....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back