Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

theskyking

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get on with a fractional. I'm looking at NetJets and Flexjet. I was wondering if some of you guys with either company would be willing to chat on the phone. If so, PM me and I will send you my phone number. I really would like to talk about pay, quality of life, and corporate culture. I'm coming from the 121 world and am ready for a change. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe Pupsta??? The living Elvis....

send me a pm with your number....

Out of curiosity, would you mind telling us if the union at NJ is a part of your decision making process?

I've flown both union and non-union airlines. Both have their pros and cons. For me, that's not a decision maker.

"For me, that's not a decision maker."

In the new Fractional market, you might want to rethink your views. Remember these fractionals are nothing more than 135 charter companys, there is a reason why FLOPS is calling for a vote in January. And if I'm not mistaking there is a drive starting at FLEX. As a 6 year FLOPS guy, I'm waiting for the union vote outcome, to decide my future here at FLOPS

I am currently in a very fortunate position where I have the luxury of having to make a decision between working for one of these two companies. They both have a tremendous amount of opportunity to offer, but the union or lack of union is playing a role in my decision. Personally, I feel that Flexjet would be a better fit for me but I am concerned with the lack of union. Looking historically at the way Flex has handled certain situations (layoffs/furloughs) I am nervous about no union. These concerns may not be relevant anymore with management changes that have occurred at Flex, but I can not be too sure. Again, this is just my personal opinion on a "hot" subject in the fractional world. It also might be a hint for a little guidance on making my decision! ;)

tk855 said:
I am currently in a very fortunate position where I have the luxury of having to make a decision between working for one of these two companies. They both have a tremendous amount of opportunity to offer, but the union or lack of union is playing a role in my decision. Personally, I feel that Flexjet would be a better fit for me but I am concerned with the lack of union. Looking historically at the way Flex has handled certain situations (layoffs/furloughs) I am nervous about no union. These concerns may not be relevant anymore with management changes that have occurred at Flex, but I can not be too sure. Again, this is just my personal opinion on a "hot" subject in the fractional world. It also might be a hint for a little guidance on making my decision! ;)

If given your choice, I would choose NJA given the new TA and the wider array of aircraft to fly - from the Beechjet now up to the GV eventually. That being said, the CL300 is a fantastic aircraft and the Flex guys who get to fly it are pretty lucky - so, try to get onto the CL300 if you go to Flex.

I have met a few Flexjet guys on the road recently who are trying to get hired by NJA - not the other way around... I haven't met any NJA pilots who are looking to jump to Flexjet - especially after the new TA. That should say something. Both places are good choices, but I would select NJA if I were in your position.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back