NJ Seniority Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dodgerk

I am interested in NJ as a career but have a few questions. Is the 7 on 7 off the junior schedule? If it is, how long does it take to bid for the 15 day flex or 18 day schedule? How often do you bid for these schedules? For example, will you always know your schedule a full year out, or can you mix up your schedule throughout the year with the 7 and 7, 15, and 18 day schedules?

Thanks for any info. I apologize if these questions have been raised in other forums, I just thought I would try and consolidate them all into one thread.

7 an 7 is the default schedule. You get it if you want it and are not subject to junior assigning to the 15 Day flex. You bid by fleet and seat seniority for start days.

18 Day Fixed is only voluntary except for Supplemental Duty Position pilots and is capped at 40% by fleet and seat.

15 Day Flex can be junior assigned if in bottom 10% by fleet and seat.

It all depends on fleet and seat you are in. The most recent bid, some fleets and seats met the 40% 18 Day Fixed threshold. Some did not not. Only a very few were junior assigned to the 15 Day Schedule. Some fleets had 10% volunteers. You can hop on and off schedule types every 4 months but if you go back to 7-7, there is not guarantee you will get the start date you had.

Schedules are bid for a start on Feb 1, June 1, Oct 1. Monthly schedules are posted by the 15th of the month prior except for the 15 Day flex which is like a call in Reserve to see if you are working except when on mandatory days off.

It may be worth noting that there is an annual flush bid called the "open bid" that occurs during the bid for October of each year. During that bid, you could lose your 7/7 line if someone senior to bids it and forces you off of it. However, if you are awarded a 7/7 line during that open-bid award, you'll have that line until the next open bid or if you enter training for either a new plane or upgrade.

how is senority determined in class?

Latest resources

Back