Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy Krap! Here's another news article:
http://www.nbc10.com/news/4691602/detail.html

It belongs to Paramount, of course...and another poor young pilot gets an accident on his record in South Jersey. Reminds me of the Paramount Pawnee that lost engine power and crashed in a graveyard near Sea Isle VOR in the summer of 2000 (pilot walked away from it, thank God).

Fly safe, blue skies,

Wang

Last edited:
"Topper's employer, Paramount Aviation in Middle Township, speculated that strong winds pushed the plane down and believes the young pilot just didn't have enough experience in how to react."

Why would the employer let him continue flying the next day if he thinks it was pilot error?

If it was a problem with the engine I don't see how it would hurt his career prospects, but Would any airline hire him if it turns out he was pushed down by wind?

Steve said:
"Topper's employer, Paramount Aviation in Middle Township, speculated that strong winds pushed the plane down and believes the young pilot just didn't have enough experience in how to react."

That is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. However, if the paperwork is found to be not in airworthy condition, he may have some 'splanin to do at any future jobs.

What a trooper for climbing right back into the plane and doin it all over again. I hope this guy makes it out without problems.

gkrangers said:
Thats the first thing I thought when I heard about it...good thing it wasn't...2 planes in 2 summers wouldn't have been good. They bought a Citabria thats in immaculate shape recently...which shocked me.

Actually, the sad thing is, it would have made it 4 crashes in four summers with one of them being a fatality back in 02

It would definately help to have your tailwheel endorsement beforehand but I think the main thing is to stop by their office this summer and speak to Matt(thats who I think runs it there) and introduce yourself to him and let him know youd be interested in working with them next summer. The more he hears your name and get to know you the better shot you have of getting on with them.

BaronDrvr said:
It would definately help to have your tailwheel endorsement beforehand but I think the main thing is to stop by their office this summer and speak to Matt(thats who I think runs it there) and introduce yourself to him and let him know youd be interested in working with them next summer. The more he hears your name and get to know you the better shot you have of getting on with them.

Are they now called VanWagner?

Latest resources

Back