Nj Ot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flagshipper

Can people on the 7 and 7 schedule sign up for OT on the begining and/or end of a tour? What are the chances of actually getting it with all the schedule variances out there? Also when are the bid periods? If you finish training in the middle of a bid period what do you do schedule wise until the next bid period?

Yes, anyone can sign up for OT. All you have to do is send an email (via blackberry) to volunteer. They then put you on a list and notify you if they do in fact need you. It is used when they are short and it all depends on the time of year. Not much OT right now but, I did pick up a few days in March.

If you finish training in the middle of a bid period, they build you a 7 and 7 bid until the next bid period opens. The 7 and 7 is the default bid. You get paid the 18day pay while in training but, once that is over you go to the 7 and 7 pay. Bid periods are 3 times a year and each one is 4 months long.

I hope that helps.

I am a bit confused. I thought every new hire was on the 18 day schedule during training and then stayed on the 18 day schedule after training until the next bid period. Is this not accurate?

are the "15 flex" and the "18 fixed" bid a monthly bid, or a 28-day bid? Assuming the 7/7 is based on 28-day bid (13 periods/mo) and the 15/18 are monthly bids, how does the 15 and 18 matches up with the 7-7? Thanks for clarifying.

are the "15 flex" and the "18 fixed" bid a monthly bid, or a 28-day bid?

The bid period is actually 4 months long, for switching between the various schedule types. (For example, I'm going on the 15-day starting June 1, meaning I can't get off of it until October 1.)

The 15-day and 18-day schedules are done by calendar months (not 28-day cycles), with the exception of February/March. March 1 is considered part of February for scheduling purposes, to even them out a little bit.

Assuming the 7/7 is based on 28-day bid (13 periods/mo)...

The 7/7 doesn't really have anything to do with months... it's just 7-on, 7-off, wherever those days happen to fall. Months are only relevant for the 18-day fixed and 15-day flex schedules.

As a new hire in the situation above, we were told that we would be on 18 day fixed until the end of this bid period. The earliest we could go to 7-7 or any other type of schedule would be 1 Oct.

If you finish training in the middle of a bid period, they build you a 7 and 7 bid until the next bid period opens. The 7 and 7 is the default bid. You get paid the 18day pay while in training but, once that is over you go to the 7 and 7 pay. Bid periods are 3 times a year and each one is 4 months long.

I hope that helps.

Sorry, but this isn't correct.

If you finish IOE in the middle of a bid period you will receive within a few days your schedule for the remainder of the month. Then, just like everyone else, you will receive next months schedule on the 15th of the month prior.

At the next bid period you are free to bid what you choose. If you fail to bid anything at all you will default to a 7/7.

As a new hire in the situation above, we were told that we would be on 18 day fixed until the end of this bid period. The earliest we could go to 7-7 or any other type of schedule would be 1 Oct.

That is correct.

Expect some easy flying. It seems to take awhile to fit your puzzle piece into the scheduling pie and they'll probably only work you 14-16 days a month.

Enjoy it!

Latest resources

Back