• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hogprint

If you aint Cav...
NetJets Europe Move Signals Market Confidence

NetJets Europe expects to move into its new Lisbon, Portugal headquarters in December. The fractional provider already runs all its operational and administrative functions from the Portuguese capital and it is now investing $28 million in a much larger building that will house slightly more than 400 staff. It also has a sales and marketing office in London. The past three years have seen rapid growth at NetJets Europe. It is set to take delivery of 33 new aircraft this year, increasing its fleet to 91. Some 140 pilots are due to be hired this year and the company is also recruiting more flight dispatchers and other support personnel. Last year, NetJets Europe sold shares in 18 complete aircraft, representing an 80-percent increase in sales over 2003. According to the company, it has started making significant inroads into countries such as France, where it has previously struggled to sell shares. This is illustrated by the fact that the number of movements by NetJets aircraft into Paris Le Bourget Airport has increased by 70 percent over the past two years, and the provider’s aircraft now account for 15 percent of all traffic there.

Wow. I guess they can't cry that NJE is dragging us down anymore?! Viva la France!

Two weeks ago when I was in London Luton, Harrad's looked like the ramp at First Aviation in TEB. It was NetJets City.

Was it predominately NJE or a mix of NJA, NJI and NJE?

I don't see a down side either way.

Hog,

Hey man, how’s it going? See you updated your picture. I remember when the Army got the Kiowa Warrior OH-58, they almost didn’t give it to the Cav; you guys kept losing your cowboys hats when you flew sideways!

(HAHAHA, You know us lazy Chinook guys have to get our licks where we can).

As for Luton it was a mix of NJE Falcons and the Citations with the APU, plus one X. There were 3 NJI G’s there, I didn’t see any NJA aircraft this time. All told I guess there were 12 or more NetJets aircraft on the ramp.

Take care over there, your one of cooler heads that I hope prevail at NJA.

Wolfpack, nice to talk to you again!

The Army should never have ditched the OH-6. My IPs from the Nam said it was the best bird they ever flew.

Never had the honor of flying a "Fat Cow", although had a few buds that loved them. Looks like Uncle Sam is going to continue to fly 47's for a few years more.

I hope the European operation takes off. The only worry is now will they say, we need to grow NJ China or Canada or whatever. I hope they take care of the home teams first.

I have it on good authority that Hogprint accidentally flew into Serbian airspace during operations in Kosovo. Or was it Egypt????

Hey! NJ Nigeria has a nice ring to it. Who's in? :p TC

Wolfpack--How's life? How many pounds have you put on from crew meals? :D

Latest resources

Back