NJ Citation Excel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lancair

I just got a class date for the 14th on the XL. I'm just looking for info on the plane, types of trips, what sucks, what's good. Easy on what sucks I have read a lot of negatives I don't need to hear them again. It can't be any worse than my last 2 1/2 years at IDE. Plus small paycheck is better than what unemployment was paying me.

Oh and do any NetJet guys contract out on their days off. I heard the money can be pretty good. I was thinking about checking out my local FBO.

I got to know the Chief pilot pretty well, and some of the assistant cheifs all seem like pretty good guys. I put together a training powerpoint for trips to Bermuta, so you may get to go there someday.

Planes are all speced the same with 1 FMS. Sat in the cockpit a few times, seemed enough room for me but I'm only 5'9" 140lbs.

Last edited:
Yeah me too. Oh boy sound tight. It can't be much worse than the RJ. Specially when the captain flys with his suitcase up there.

Lancair,

I'm 6'4" and 250. I can fold myself up and get into a X. I just don't get in or out of the seat unless I need to.

gordon24 said:
I'm 6'5 and can fit in the excel. I'm checked out on the XLS and prefer it because the seat has more adjustments. The most important being the up-down adjustment. The seat will go lower in the xls. When I fly the xl, I have to bend over just to see the engine gauges.

How many XLS aircraft are on the property now and how many expected eventually? Will they just replace all of the current XLs? Will all XL pilots be cross-qualified in both? Beyond the seat improvements, any other differences between the two types?

Heavy Set said:
How many XLS aircraft are on the property now and how many expected eventually? Will they just replace all of the current XLs? Will all XL pilots be cross-qualified in both? Beyond the seat improvements, any other differences between the two types?

Not sure of the exact number of xls now. I think 5-6. Don't think they are replacing the XL's, just new deliveries will be XLS. Yes, pilots are qualified in both after a checkout. Avionics are nicer. Bigger screens, more choices on info displayed. Engines have more thrust. Cessna moved some components around. Most noticable is the brake accumulator. Cessna moved it back to the battery compartment, so, you no longer have that annoying noise every time the accumulator charges.

Latest resources

Back