• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ and PIC Turbine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how long would it take for someone with no PIC turbine at NJ to actually start logging PIC at NJ? Last I heard was quite a long time.

blzr said:
how long would it take for someone with no PIC turbine at NJ to actually start logging PIC at NJ? Last I heard was quite a long time.

Well, you can start logging PIC as soon as you start manipulating the controls of the airplane, as you will be typed in it. When can you actually BE PIC, well, that remains an unanswerable question.

And besides, why would you care about logging PIC at NetJets? Are you using it as a stepping-stone to another endeavor?

I thought unless you (basicly) signed for the aircraft i.e. the capt. than you are not PIC even though you are typed in the airplane. Or is there a grey area around that?

OCP said:
I thought unless you (basicly) signed for the aircraft i.e. the capt. than you are not PIC even though you are typed in the airplane. Or is there a grey area around that?

Please not again! This subject has been beat to death and will need to be decided by the supreme court.

PIC Time

If NetJets is your career choice, then how quick you get PIC time does not matter. It will happen eventually.

WP

OCP said:

Log want ever you can live with. Just don't go to an airline interview with a butt load of turbine PIC time if you never made capt.

Last edited:
Drifting back to the original focus of this thread, NJA hired quite a few Cape Air, Cessna 400 series (recip background only) guys a few years ago. Most of them have worked out quite well. The trends on TT and equipment are trending upward from what I've seen....but I'd still apply if I had the required times. An internal LOR (the more the better) is still one of the best ways to move that flight resume from the tall stack to the short stack.

In my class there were several of us that had very little PIC time (turbine or otherwise) period. All of us that had limited PIC time did have 121 or 135 jet time though. Not sure exactly what they are looking for. Of those I dont think anyone had less than 3500 hours though so read into it whatever you like. If you are interested then send in a resume - worst thing that might happen is they might say no.

Latest resources

Back