NJ airline miles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RCA

How many miles could one rack up if you live in domicile. Would it be enough for a pair of dom. roundtrips for two

RCA said:
How many miles could one rack up if you live in domicile. Would it be enough for a pair of dom. roundtrips for two

It depends on what domicile. Dallas based is on AA about 80% of the time. Out of Columbus its everyone AA,USAIR, UA, SWA, DL, ETC so hard to rack up miles on one airline. PBI DL most of the time and LAX same as Columbus everyone. I do about 60K AA every year so yes its possible.

It also helps to double dip with your airline miles at Hilton hotels. Go with the 500 miles per stay option, not the mile per dollar because we get very low corporate rates. You should be able to get enough for one ticket a year just from those points.

Double-dipping helps but sadly, in 2007, Hilton points won't be redeemable for airline miles from what I've been told.

Mach92 is right. I'm based in CMH and there's no one dominant carrier here, so we see everyone. That translates into a few miles on a lot of carriers instead of a lot of miles on one carrier.

You may get the miles, but good luck putting them to use. Last time I tried to get a seat on a airliner with miles, it was ugly. The number of restrictions and seats available made it a very unpleasent experience. Sometimes the miles are just worthless.

Yup im running into that right now. Trying to book a ticket to HNL on Delta with my miles but I can only find availibity one way. Unless of course you are willing to double the amount of miles required to get the ticket, which I am not. Deltas FF program sucks!

I've found that they are best used for upgrades. My wife and I pay full coach fair and get the first class upgrades. Its way cheaper than a ticket, but i'd much rather sit up front.

If you are looking for a domestic trip and willing to board like a herd of cattle, SWA is a great way to get free tickets. Use them as your double dip airline at hiltons and you get a .5 credit every stay, and when they run a promotion you sometimes get 1 credit per stay. 16 credit is a free ticket anywhere, and MUCH easier to book than any other airline. Did the Delta to HNL a while ago and wound up coughing up twice the points to go, that sucks. Hilton points are becoming more worthless too, 35,000 for about any1 night stay, even some garden inns.

If you are lucky enough to get an elite status on an airline it makes it a lot easier to use the points there. I have silver elite on USAir for example and that means that there aren't any blackout dates at all for using frequent flyer miles. When I try to use American, all those blackout dates apply so it's a lot tougher.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back