• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ airline miles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sell them. There are company out there that will pay for your miles. You do have to have enough for a ticket and the more the better. Seems they want you to have enough for a first class. Can not remember how much they will pay, but it was pretty good. A very foggy guess was the number was going to be around $1400 for 75000 miles. That is after they find a use for them, so you can not be in a hurry to dump them.

Twotter76 said:
Yup im running into that right now. Trying to book a ticket to HNL on Delta with my miles but I can only find availibity one way. Unless of course you are willing to double the amount of miles required to get the ticket, which I am not. Deltas FF program sucks!

It isnt just DL. I had the same problem with AA. They advertise a free ticket at 25K and the ticket cost me 50K in miles. I booked it 6 weeks in advance. All of the FF programs are BS!!

J31

j31flyer said:
It isnt just DL. I had the same problem with AA. They advertise a free ticket at 25K and the ticket cost me 50K in miles. I booked it 6 weeks in advance. All of the FF programs are BS!!

J31

I tried to book on DL last year, a trip out to SEA and back. DL considers a "ticket" to be one-way. So when a trip is from your home to another city and back, you need 2 "tickets". With one ticket being 25K miles, a trip to somewhere and back is 50K miles. I wasn't impressed with DL on that one.

Fortunately, I got a roundtrip ticket on AA using HHonors points. But that option is apparently going away in '07.

Used USAirways miles this summer with no problems. Three tickets round trip to DFW. The only catch was we had to fly back out of the same airport as the online trip planner would not let us switch to another TX local. All first class round trip.

My wife and stepdaughter traveled CLT-SAT this summer. I called USAir to book the FF award tickets 3 months in advance. We had to use the United Code Share since USAir doesn't serve SAT. To travel CLT-SAT (keep in mind this was 3 months in advance) the only route available was CLT-IAD-MDW Ground Trans to ORD then to SAT. 11 hours total. Return leg was United to MSY then USAir to CLT. Luckily good ole Mesa Airlines came thru once again by not having a jet available in CLT for the IAD leg so my family got rebooked nonstop to ORD. You'd think 3 months in advance would be plenty of time to still have seats.

AirBear

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back