Nigeria

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

The guy from Dana Air told us that there is only radar in Lagos and Abuja, and that it is not working a lot.

He said that sometimes ATC will give you intersections and such that are not in the Jepps, and then you'll have to ask them for routing points that ARE in the Jepps.

He said understanding the controllers IS difficult.

Also, to plan for extra fuel for lots of holding.

cliff
GRB
PS-Arik is crap, and living in Lagos is bad. I would take a job there if offered.

I am currently flying there and Abuja is the only airport with radar. The radar for Lagos is sitting in shipping containers on the docks in Lagos, Maybe. As the ministers responsible for the radar program ran off with the funds.

Lagos is a c--phole. I wouldn't live there either. However of all Nigerian airlines, Arik is probably the best of the bunch. Which is not saying much. It is an African/Nigerian airline and with the country's safety record is saying a lot.

The different countries ATC's don't talk to each other and in Nigeria at least the different controls don't talk to each other. So plan on tell ATC you depart point and time, destination, number on board, fuel endurance and estimates for the next two fixes and destination. Which makes the radio frequencies crowded.

Latest resources

Back