Nicotine testing????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyFlyFly said:
I think you will find that they substitute the nicotine test for an intelligence test. Since it is well documented that tobacco will adversely affect your health, they assume that if you use tobacco you could not possibly meet their minimum intelligence requirements.
I agree 100%:D

Last edited:
"Have you been free of nicotine products for six months?"
The reason they ask for six months is because it USUALLY takes six months for your body to purge the nicotine from your system.

I know an FA candidate that had no nicotine products for over a year and failed! :mad:

I know a dispatcher that smokes on a daily basis and passed! :(

Go figure!

MsFan said:
Remember UPAS? If you were already hired then, you may not have had to use that.
Actually I do remember UPAS, and I applied before it's use (in '88 and '98) and was hired last year after it went belly up. So, you have a point, and it probably wasn't obvious to you. I did completely forget about that timeframe they were using UPAS, so I apologize if my post was taken as an offense to you. None was intended, and I see where by using UPAS that information may not have been readily available. Sorry again. Just restating that this has been a policy for many years and I thought it was widely known. My mistake.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back