Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nicolau is now the Official usapa Sen proposal !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think east and west will never share the cockpit, at least not under the insane disparity caused by George Nicolau's well documented stupidity. The FAA agrees and is very, very concerned (not that they will save the day....they're really not that effective).

Look for events to render all this moot. Let's hope that East and West never have to operate an airplane together; the traveling public sorta deserves better.

Why don't all of you read the Dr Suess book "the sneetches" thats what you all sound like..

I am sorry to say it and I don't have a dog in the fight but I think the traveling public deserves something better than USAIR period. It seems to me every airline that comes into contact through merger is screwed over in one way or another. R.I.P Peidmont.

Everything USAir touches withers and dies.

I think east and west will never share the cockpit, at least not under the insane disparity caused by George Nicolau's well documented stupidity. The FAA agrees and is very, very concerned (not that they will save the day....they're really not that effective).

Look for events to render all this moot. Let's hope that East and West never have to operate an airplane together; the traveling public sorta deserves better.

Help me out here ??

How did Nicolau have anything to do with an 18 year guy being at the bottom of the AAA list and a 17 year guy on Furlough. Help me understand how Nicolau created any of this ?????

Wouldn't you say that the "Disparity" AAA had with all other Airlines was reflective of the lack of career progresssion at AAA.

AAA

The JUNIOR man had 18yrs

Almost every other Airline

The JUNIOR man had around 1yr or less

That you think AWA pilots should make up for this "insane disparity" in career progression (digression in this case) is in itself "INSANE"

Your correct on one thing, the courts will render usapa moot!!

I call BS on the FAA comment. The only thing they care about is being safe and following SOPs. I can guarantee you that if the East pilots start acting like babies while having to fly with AWA pilots the FAA will come down on them like rain. We are going to fly together and it will happen soon. You're going to have 3 choices:

1: Be professional and deal with it, or

2: Don't be professional and either get fired or have action taken against you by the FAA.

3: Quit

If you think the FAA sympathizes with you you are very mistaken.

Last edited:
I am sorry to say it and I don't have a dog in the fight but I think the traveling public deserves something better than USAIR period. It seems to me every airline that comes into contact through merger is screwed over in one way or another. R.I.P Peidmont.

We all know your meant to spell it Piedmont. Otherwise, what a shot of reality and reasoning in an otherwise mundane world. The Route Of The Pacemaker is a fond memory.

Thank you.

WOW. Celebrating the 4th anniversary of the "merger" with US Air, and BC has is all figured out. His crystal ball (recently overhauled & MEL's cleared) has determined that east & west will never share a cockpit AND that forthcoming events will render all of this moot.

Further, without reading the ALPA merger POLICY, the arbitration transcripts, or the entire nicolau award he has declared GN insane & stupid (well, at least he didn't use senile).

What learned and wise counsel you must have.

Westies want the Nic implemented. I wonder why. Answer = Windfall.

M

Latest resources

Back