Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TransMach

Hey,

Any of you guys/gals know who I would get ahold of the "Quality Assurance" position, or it's equal, at Nice Tower. I had an issue there today and would like to talk to someone about it.

TransMach

TM- I don't know the # for the Nice tower but I do have a question for you or other FI members. What is the legalities of having a JAA enforcement action or incident in Europe on your FAA license? Our department is doing alot more overrseas trips and this question as come up in pilot meetings. Luckily, nothing as happened but w/ the ten million SIDS/ STARS, SPs, TLs, etc, language barrier, and slightly different procedures we want to be prepared. Also, is there a JAA equilivant of a NASA form?

Thanks for any input,
SCT

Nice

SCT, fortunately, I've never had an enforcement action against me ... but long ago an European country had a question (actually thought I had broken a rule) and they made an inquiry of our FAA. FAA researched the inquiry, determined that I had not violated any US FAR and closed the issue. I don't think FAA can conduct an enforcement for violation of any rule other than those contained in Title 14 USC.

Other countries can procecute you, find you guilty (including criminal) and detain you ... RE: Brazil and the Legacy/B737 deal.

Regards the NASA form, the only other country I know of is the UK.

Keep in mind the NASA form is intended to collect information, not protect a violator. Yes, if you accidently break a rule and file a NASA form, FAA can not penalize you, but you are still found quilty of the violation and it still goes on your record.

TransMach

Latest resources

Back