Nice 787 Cockpit Picture

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disagree.

On most Boeings I ride on, I can usually lift up the aisle armrest to let the boys breathe a little. On the Bus, they're usually locked down. Advantage: Boeing!

That's the customers request. The armrests go up on UAL airbus's except for the bulkhead seats where they do not, so they can store the tray table there.

Total failure. Go back to Airbus wannabee pilot indoctrination. Real airplanes have real controls.

I thought real airplanes had a tailwheel, and maybe a round engine?

Total failure. Go back to Airbus wannabee pilot indoctrination. Real airplanes have real controls.

I think every F-16 driver in the world would disagree with you. The side stick is the way to go. Never have flown a side stick but it seams to give your arm a more natural resting position when flying giving more percise controll of the airplane. That is in contrast to stretching your arm out to grab the control yoke.

Unless you think stalling the airplane, which admittedly an airbus in normal law will not permit, is what is going to get you to the airport then the first part to the best of my knowledge is inaccurate.
Are you unfamiliar with ground effect and what happens to stall speed while in it? It even works in heavy aircraft, granted not much but they didn't need to go very far to make the airport grounds.

As for the x wind....What??? Airbus can not land in a "nasty crosswind." I wish someone would have informed me of that years ago!!!
Never said the AB could not land in a X wind, I did say you cant cross control one, is that wrong?

Are you unfamiliar with ground effect and what happens to stall speed while in it? It even works in heavy aircraft, granted not much but they didn't need to go very far to make the airport grounds.

Never said the AB could not land in a X wind, I did say you cant cross control one, is that wrong?

I believe the bus would have performed the same way up until the stall where it would have protected the flying envelope. Now wether or not the airplane would recognize ground effect is a good question. Reality though is the chances of ground effect making a bit of difference in your scenerio are not to big.

The bus will and does cross control on every crosswind landing though it uses different logic to get there.

That's the customers request. The armrests go up on UAL airbus's except for the bulkhead seats where they do not, so they can store the tray table there.

Hmm... was just on a UAL bus last week and it couldn't get to move. Is there a secret button I haven't found?

Hmm... was just on a UAL bus last week and it couldn't get to move. Is there a secret button I haven't found?

No secret buttons but knowing UAL maintenance there was a write up on the seat and they just stuck what they had in. (unless you were in a bulkhead or first class, they don't go up either.)

I would be thrilled if the arm rests did not go up because then when I am deadheading or commuting to work the plus sized passenger next to me would not be flowing over into my seat.

I would be thrilled if the arm rests did not go up because then when I am deadheading or commuting to work the plus sized passenger next to me would not be flowing over into my seat.

No argument from me on the ones between the seats! It's the one by the aisle that I'd like to be able to unlock for a little easier movement.

I do love it when the "love" from a rotund passenger next to you spreads over and under the armrest. Ugggggh....

No argument from me on the ones between the seats! It's the one by the aisle that I'd like to be able to unlock for a little easier movement.

I do love it when the "love" from a rotund passenger next to you spreads over and under the armrest. Ugggggh....

OH, my bad. As you know they are fixed.

Latest resources

Back