NGO opportunities in Africa, Asia?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

woutlaw

So, the long-shot of the day, does anybody out there have contacts with NGOs doing work in Africa or Asia?

My wife and are are both in our 40s and looking to do some good overseas for a change.

Both of our backgrounds are in journalism (very extensive experience there on both counts) and I'm now a CFII for a (meager) living.

Dream job for me would be working, preferably involving flying, for AMREF, Doctors Without Borders, or something similar. I have zero interest in the airlines and almost zero in corporate, so teaching flying or doing some good elsewhere is the focus.

It's a community I know little about, so any intel is appreciated. Anyone out there done it?

Thanks!

You could always pitch up in Nairobi; get your licenses converted; then start looking for work. Plenty of GA opportunities in Kenya and Tanzania. If you like adventurous flying there are plenty of outfits doing work into the Darfur and Somalia.

TP

I know airserv is having a hiring class today with a couple people attending. I think thats the first one they have had in awhile.

Realistic mins? Yes, I read their web page, but they also suggest that they usually hire with substantially greater qualifications than the minimums listed. Curious as to how much greater.

They offered me a class over the summer. I think I had 850-900 at the time. about 130 multi or so.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back