Next SWA Class Beer Pool!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wanna play too...

Ummmmm, lets see... I just spoke with Miss Cleo and we came up with October 28th. Tredd, I want my beer sent through UPS, that's the least brown can do for me.

I can already taste it!

October 24th - here's why:

First, Sept 11th will come and go without any major events. The flying public will begin to see the likelihood of another terrorist attack of that type is very unlikely.

Second, SWA is firming up all of its contracts (pilot, sim instructors, mechs, etc.) and now it knows its labor costs for the next few years (a.k.a. "the big growth years.")

Third, Q3 earnings will come out showing the profit streak remains unbroken and management realizes that SWA will remain profitable enough to risk taking a chance to grow and capitalize on the other airlines' retrenching as a result of bankruptcies, code shares, and other reductions in capacity.

Fourth, SWA will be able to secure airframes on the cheap from Boeing and other companies who are desperate to staunch the flow of cash out of their wallets.

Fifth, never bet against a German when beer is on the line!

Put me down for JAN 13th 2003. lets start the year off right with a case of fine lager and some LUV. see ya in DAL.

I can feel it and it feels good!

Sept. 30, 2002

CORONA PLEASE!

By the way, this THONG is killing me.

:cool:

October 14th

OK Here's my emotional, totally non-scientific response: October 14th, 2002.

Why?

1) I like October 14th. The trees are very pretty in the midwest then. It's always been one of my favorite days of the year.

2) I want to go to work in October. Therefore, if I believe REALLY HARD, it just might come true.

3) My new baby will be a few weeks old, so that's about the earliest time my wife will let me out of the house.

4) I had my best flight ever on October 14th. It's karma.

Cheers!

Your optimist,

HP

My WAG

Hey Poolies!

A case of ale?!?! I'll play! I'll go for October 3 and October 24.

:cool:

Rules....

Love the responses - but each Pool Rat only gets one guess!:p

For those of you who have given MORE (nice to be enthusiastic!) than 1 guess I will use your FIRST guess as your "official entry"!!;)

Keep those guesses coming!!! I am personally looking forward to sending out that case of ale!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!!! Tred

Calling Rightbettor...

Hey Rightbettor,

Comon' throw the dice, what's your best guess or do you not want to come out and play with your friends. Guys he's probably grounded...

Last edited:
I have the answer !!

After consulting the cards, I have determined the exact date of the next class will be Nov 11. This, of course, was backed up by reading the tea leaves, and verified by throwing a few sticks and chicken bones onto the floor. Combining this with the lunar phase and it clearly shows us that the tide will decrease the level of the pool at a rate of 2 classes per month thereafter My data may be inaccurate, however, since we are in a month with an R in it, and a low pressure area is brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. make mine Bud Lite.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back