Next DAL new hire class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DAL737FO

Next new hire class will be a class of 26 on the 19th of March. The memo from Flight ops also said that we expected to exceed the original 200 pilots for 2007 but it didn't specify how many more.

Also, the latest "Trim Tab" (company flight ops rag) said that April classes will predominantly be filled with guys like myself returning from various leaves of absence as well as guys that previously bypassed a recall.

There will be at least one new hire class in April.

Bid results

FYI,

Bid results from the late Feb bid are out...big upward movement on the heavy categories, with a lot of backfilling. People from the November/December recall class are holding the 767 domestic in ATL, as well as 767 international in ATL and NYC. It goes without saying they can also hold the MD88/90,737N most bases as well. LAX remains slightly more senior, then CVG the most senior. I'm a 2000 hire and can't hold that if I wanted to.

We have a two year freeze for new hires, unless you are junior in your class and get assigned something you didn't want...so if that's the case you'll have a bunch of planes to choose from later in the year...so sometimes it pays to be junior! A word of warning, the 767 is going farther and farther this year....they are installing bunks in some of the airplanes which means they'll be flying over 12 hours (contractual requirement)....so be prepared for some long legs if you bid it!

Also recently announced are some good QOL improvements to the contract..mostly regarding international ops, but improvements were made to the crew rest seats, crew meals, recovery requirements when bumped off a trip due to a check airman giving OE, etc.

Good luck everyone!

FYI,

We have a two year freeze for new hires, unless you are junior in your class and get assigned something you didn't want...so if that's the case you'll have a bunch of planes to choose from later in the year..

Good luck everyone!

Pat are you sure about that??? I'm not, but I thought your assignment doesn't have a seat lock.....is that something new with TA 51??

We had a new hire get NYC 767 ER on the bid that closed yesterday and one get ATL 767 domestic. So bid what you want and WANT what you bid. Once you put the bid in versus getting assigned then it's a two year seat lock.

What was the most junior CA award DOH?

I'm not totally sure about the seat lock. Back when I was hired in 2000 you "bid" on the first day of class and then you had a seat lock...might have only been a year back then. I was too junior to hold what I wanted, so I was assigned an aircraft and was not frozen...free to bid what I wanted.

Perhaps its different now...I guess I need to so some reading!

I am positive its a 2 year freeze when you bid equipment off an AE though.

How long might it take one to get into the SLC base? Also, what is reserve life like at DAL these days as far as days off and time to hold a line in ATL or SLC?

Latest resources

Back