• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News On Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup, sounds like a LAX base announced later this week to cover the DAL flying. 80 pilots or so?

Didn't think DAL was planning on any more RJ flying out of LA. But LA base a possibility for a few senior lucky souls. Also looks like they are going to be offering time off etc to get the pilot staffing down for a while. If Midwest tanks they will have about 350-400 too many, so I am told.

LA should have been a domicile a long time ago. Supposedly for June we used nearly 50 hotel rooms a night.

I'd heard that the new UA 700s where going to be flying out of LAX, and that what was driving the new domicile.

LA should have been a domicile a long time ago. Supposedly for June we used nearly 50 hotel rooms a night.

And one of the crappiest overnights to boot. Nice hotel, but I was never there long enough to do anything but hit the In-n-out up the road.

Anyway, one thing is for sure: If we get an LAX base, we'll definitely need a bigger crew lounge. It was too small already.

-Goose

And one of the crappiest overnights to boot. Nice hotel, but I was never there long enough to do anything but hit the In-n-out up the road.
Hey now...that In-N-Out and the park across the street are like airplane geek Mecca.

And the guys at the tattoo shop across the street are pretty cool, too. Nothing like getting a tattoo and/or piercing with 747's on final rattling the entire place...

Hey now...that In-N-Out and the park across the street are like airplane geek Mecca.

And the guys at the tattoo shop across the street are pretty cool, too. Nothing like getting a tattoo and/or piercing with 747's on final rattling the entire place...

I shoot pool in the bar next to that tattoo parlor. 1 block up the street is a decent Thai restaurant.

Now I wonder if they'll have lines for the E120 as well if LAX becomes a real base.

With all due respect to In-N-Out...

Hey, I'm just as big of an aviation geek as the next guy (probably bigger), but somehow a few fly-bys don't take the sting out of a 9 hour overnight, especially before/after an 8 leg day.

Besides, I don't really start getting excited until the aircraft have one or two seats, come minus fuel and electrical systems, and have wingspans measured in meters. I don't see a lot of those down in LAX.

I'll have to remember when I go in for my next piercing. ;)

-Goose

Viva la Skew!!!

Last edited:
Heard it would be jet only, no EMB120 lines.

I try to avoid the LA overnights due to the transportation issues.

Latest resources

Back