• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fareview said:
semperfido wrote...avg bonus on wall street=500k....times are tough

Whats your point?

The point his that they are overpaid genius....

And you guys went to college......

QXpeon said:
The point his that they are overpaid genius....

And you guys went to college......

I suspect none of you guys have ever worked on Wall St. Anybody who makes 500k on the street has earned it. Wall St is a meritocracy...if you don't produce - your done. A seniority number is nothing of the kind.

So now tell me why someone is overpaid @ 500k on Wall St?

And before you ask, I did 11 years on the street.

fareview said:
yep and nope...ever fly the line?

Depends on which line you're referring to. But, I can honestly say, that short of saving someone's life, developing a cure for cancer, or feeding the hungry, there aren't many people out there who deserve 500,000$ "bonuses." To say that people work for them and deserve them is ridiculous. Work? You mean pushing papers and crunching numbers? That's worth half a million in bonuses? Corporate greed and excesses are well documented. If I were working on "the street," I'd take my money and very quickly shut the f*ck up. You can't defend it and you certainly can't beat your chest and act like you deserve it.

Deuce130 said:
Depends on which line you're referring to. But, I can honestly say, that short of saving someone's life, developing a cure for cancer, or feeding the hungry, there aren't many people out there who deserve 500,000$ "bonuses." To say that people work for them and deserve them is ridiculous. Work? You mean pushing papers and crunching numbers? That's worth half a million in bonuses? Corporate greed and excesses are well documented. If I were working on "the street," I'd take my money and very quickly shut the f*ck up. You can't defend it and you certainly can't beat your chest and act like you deserve it.

You don't think guys like Fred, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. deserve to make more than a half mil per year? I do. I'm sure there are some guys out there that make alot that shouldn't, but the guys leading the way certainly deserve to make alot.

I also think we need to find a way to pay cops, firefighters, and teachers more. Starting salary for a new hire Collierville Police Officer: $17,000.

VaB said:
You don't think guys like Fred, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc. deserve to make more than a half mil per year? I do. I'm sure there are some guys out there that make alot that shouldn't, but the guys leading the way certainly deserve to make alot.

I also think we need to find a way to pay cops, firefighters, and teachers more. Starting salary for a new hire Collierville Police Officer: $17,000.

Those guys, yeah. But then again, they're not working on "the street." These are their companies...they own 'em. I don't think those are the dudes deuce130 is referring to.

Latest resources

Back