news at Air Wisconsin? CFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pukindog

Was wondering if there was anything new at Air Willy... heard about a lot of shifting in management and someone told me you guys added a CFO? is this something for reorganization or some type of positioning before buying additional assest or maybe even selling the company???

Also, does anyone know how big the pilot pool is?

Thanks.

Christine Deister formerly of Hawaiian. Good ridance to bad trash - I feel sorry for Air Whiskey for getting her. One of her major cost savings moves was to fire a couple of FAs for each taking a (one) water bottle from the airplane to their hotel rooms during a layover. Tried to get a couple of pilots for this too, but the union and CP got her on the contract clause that does not allow her to search our flight cases without consent.

That's horsesh!t....any pilots out there know the official AWAC policy on this issue? If they start canning people for taking water they are oging to need to do a complete restaffing before the new year!

My understanding is this: We are aloud to drink as much as we want, ON THE AIRPLANE. We are not aloud to take unopened bottles off the airplane to the overnight. Now, If you happen to have a bottle of water that you started to drink on the airplane but couldn't finish.... well, it doesn't make much since to throw it away when you could take it with you and finish consuming it. Its trash anyways.

Jim... is what you said 100% true? Gawd I hope not...

I am not all of that excited about adding this woman either. She was at eastern before Hawiian. I am afraid this is another one of those execs that travel around destroying people's companies for profit.

That makes two of us, DASHDRIVER. The latest newsletter said she was at TWA too. Great...all bankrupt airlines.

Please don't take offense to that Jim. Hawaiian is a wonderful airline (I've always wanted to work there) and I know you guys are going to do GREAT!!! Probably even better now that you've gotten rid of her. BTW, didn't the pilots force a management restructuring over there? Was she one of the managers that got kicked out (or left before she was about to)?

Either way, I don't think the addition of this individual will be good for us working stiffs. She's going to get a huge surprise if she tries to get us to take more paycuts. This is one pi$$ed off pilot group.

:mad:

Next thing you know Air Whisky will hire Vicki Escara (former chief of marketing at Delta). She was horrible too - do you recall any memorable marketing or ad campaigns from Delta over the last 5-10 years? Exactly.

Yeah, Wisconsin doesn't seem to be making a lot of smart decisions lately.

For example, they recently closed two domiciles, one right after the other (DEN and ATL), pi$$ing off 200+ people and displacing them to ORD and (gawd) IAD. Now they just put out an "Employee Opinion Survey".

I guess they want to see just how bad they pi$$ed us all off.

I knew everyone else always recylced bad executives...United hiring from John Tague the now in bad shape ATA...WTF? I never thought it would happen at AWAC...but I guess it goes right along with the rest of the bad news like closing DEN and ATL, losing 70 seaters to sh!tauqua, and pay concessions from guys who lower the bar too much. Ah well...same old same old.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back