Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1andgo
Last time I ordered on-line it was shipped UPS ground for free. So what I wait a day.

Yes, but in business, time is money - you simply cannot afford to wait a day.

That is true. But that is what Brown does for you. The value adding and the cost versus time benefits are managed by a Logistic company, such as UPS, FEDEX, DHL, to achieve best value.
I believe, the freight industry is not run for the sake of an airline but to move business. Some of the freight will be moved by airplane but in supply chain management cost is a factor that has to be balanced with value of time. Trucking and rail can do a lot of things in 2 days for business for less money and still meet Just-in-Time schedules.
Which may be the reason for the following fact:
Colography predicts that FedEx Corp. this year will transport more domestic ground shipments than domestic air shipments for the first time. "This is a watershed event, but not an unexpected one," said Ted Scherck, President, The Colography Group. "The gap between FedEx's air and surface shipment mix has been narrowing for the past seven years, starting about the time FedEx acquired the parent of the former Roadway Package System and challenged UPS' dominance of the domestic ground parcel segment."

V1andgo said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1andgo
Last time I ordered on-line it was shipped UPS ground for free. So what I wait a day.

Colography predicts that FedEx Corp. this year will transport more domestic ground shipments than domestic air shipments for the first time. "This is a watershed event, but not an unexpected one," said Ted Scherck, President, The Colography Group. "The gap between FedEx's air and surface shipment mix has been narrowing for the past seven years, starting about the time FedEx acquired the parent of the former Roadway Package System and challenged UPS' dominance of the domestic ground parcel segment."

Shouldn't you be in the negotiating room with the other company stooges right now. What a bunch of drivel.

Today, 15:26 (news article) UPS, pilots wary as mediation set to end
pilotyip said:
V1andgo, stop dealing in reality, this a pilot board.

Today, 15:30 Buffett Makes $5.1B Bid in Power Industry
pilotyip said:
Pubs, there you go dealing in reality again, this is a pilot board

Today, 15:32 United Airlines F/O makes a stand!
pilotyip said:
Hey, Rick this is a pilot board, do not deal in reality.

Two things occur to me:

1) Broken record

2) Someone learned a new phrase today

:)

Hey, at least it's not an anti-college rant. :D

Guys -

I am jumpseating in June 1st...will YOU be there?!?
see ya in Memphis
Los11
ANC based MD-11 F/O

VaB said:
I wonder if they'll let me off reserve early to go?

"Oh Priscilla, I have a favor to ask"
I'll be there on Reserve-A as well. You can put your bags in my truck right next to mine. . . .
Bought my hat two weeks ago. It's sitting on my mantle, ready to go. . .
I want to look nice for Channel 3 news. . .
Assuming we can trump the current Memphis political fiasco. . .

klhoard said:
I'll be there on Reserve-A as well. You can put your bags in my truck right next to mine. . . .
Bought my hat two weeks ago. It's sitting on my mantle, ready to go. . .
I want to look nice for Channel 3 news. . .
Assuming we can trump the current Memphis political fiasco. . .
We don't hafta answer the phone after noon, right? I got my hat shipped last week - - they sent the wrong one. Anybody need to borrow an F/O hat if I don't get it exchanged in time? (7 3/8)

TonyC said:
We don't hafta answer the phone after noon, right? I got my hat shipped last week - - they sent the wrong one. Anybody need to borrow an F/O hat if I don't get it exchanged in time? (7 3/8)
Well, technically 1230. They can give you late call with one hour notice. . .

I know its a cliche to say "...I'll be there in spirit...", but I do appreciate you guys that are there. I'm a bit too hobbled to jumpseat up to MEM to spend a day on my feet--at least for several more weeks, but I'm getting rested up. I imagine I'll get another chance in the future.

Latest resources

Back