• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Newbie-esque Career Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks, Birdstrike. What you've posted is a lot more congruent with what I've heard from the local heli-folk. Took my first lesson in an R-22 the other day, and it was unbelievably cool (even got the hover down for about 10 seconds!) I'm making enough with my current fixed wing instructing gig to fund some helo training, although it may take me a little while to get to the 50 hour min for the commercial add-on. I'm still thinking things over, but I've gotten a lot of good info with my research.

In any case I've got to finish up my MEI before I get serious about helis. Thanks for the input.

-Goose

Last edited:
birdstrike said:
One other point I was reminded of today...the helo industry is small and everybody knows everybody...eventually. You need to keep the name/phone/email of everyone you meet remotely associated with the industry.

Great advice. Thanks again!

-Goose

Last edited:
Helo Jobs

Hey GooseEgg,

Hang in there. There are jobs out there, you just have to look. Sometimes, if not most times, it is all about being in the right place at the right time. Keep in mind that just like Viet Nam, a bunch of experienced military guys are coming back from Iraq and Afganistan.

Latest resources

Back