New Zealand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UAL300

Anyone have any info on jumseating to New Zealand from the US? I know Atlas can't take jumpseaters on their ANZ contracts......any other options?

Thanks!

If you can get a ZED on QA, it's a little over $200 rt. They do a direct from LAX.

Don't expect to get first.

Or, take Atlas to SYD, then a QF zed fare to NZ. At least you will have a more comfy ride westbound across the Pacific...

Thanks guys.....the Atlas to SYD is sounding like the way to go.....ID 90 on QF from syd is about $250.

I think your best corse of action is to "bite the bullet" and buy an ID90 on NZ and a ZED on QF from LAX to AKL, or SFO to AKL.

Going on Atlas to SYD and then taking someone else over has a few flaws.

First of all Atlas has to stop in HNL, it's just too heavy to go from the US to SYD without a tech stop. This makes your crossing a little longer.

Atlas' airplanes fly all over the world. This makes them frequentley a late. I've jumpseated on Atlas to SYD 4 times and the best I've done is 4 hours late. I've also been on flights that were 25 hours late, one was 12 hours late, and once I got there a few hours early because a flight was delayed like 3 days so the HNL rep (great guy) called me and asked me to get on it.

Planning on their arrival times to match up with a flight across the Tasman is a way to get burned and end up spending a night in SYD.

Flights from SYD to New Zealand are very full. It would take a host of ID90s and ZEDs to assure to make it.

I'm in SYD right now and just got back from New Zealand - I bought a ticket on Expedia from SYD-NZ round trip becuase the loads were so terrible.

Just my advice.

Latest resources

Back