• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New York Times AS article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess I have to go "un-land" at Kodiak a few times.

Or log it as PIC. . . . (Time for a new thread on the regionals board.)

Guess I have to go "un-land" at Kodiak a few times.

Or log it as PIC. . . . (Time for a new thread on the regionals board.)

More like 6-7 years to get "un-arctic" qualified. Only ANC guys are deemed worthy. Not a lot of other bases protest this...

Mookie

I wish it was an embellishment by the press, but I've seen it with my own eyes. I was flying 6X through SE and my cappy was all grins. I said, "I'm a one leg to my leg layover kinda guy." He countered that he'd rather be flying through SE.

I wish it was an embellishment by the press, but I've seen it with my own eyes. I was flying 6X through SE and my cappy was all grins. I said, "I'm a one leg to my leg layover kinda guy." He countered that he'd rather be flying through SE.
So....sounds like there is something for everyone....good deal..I don't have to go to Orlando and you don't have to go to Kotzebue/Nome/Barrow/Deadhorse/Kodiak/King Salmon/Dillingham/Red Dog and Adak....Oh and that article is too corny....he is referencing a very senior group of sea based instructors/fleet captains...they are/were the only "arctic eagles"...not a title ever worn by any anchorage based pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back